Menu

American Girl is going to have a sale this morning!

KayT

I'm wondering if I'll end up with a doll or not. It said available until I hit check out and then changed to sold out. The site kept timing out.

I've gotten no email confirmation, nor is my order showing up in my order history. :(

ETA: Just got my email confirmation. It's showing a doll on my order, so hopefully, I got one!

I got one, thanks to the heads-up post yesterday. I never watch morning TV so I would have never known about it. But I went online and saw the code as soon as it played EST and ordered it early this morning. Lily has been asking for another AG doll so the doll she has can have a friend. She is going to FLIP over it!

I was able to snag the deal as well! It only took my mom and I 45 minutes to get through the order process on 3 different computers! I got all 3 of the items and just got my confirmation email. I am so happy...I just told my daughter last week that I didn't think we'd be able to get MG for her...cannot wait to see her face Christmas morning when she sees MG and Cecile and a bed!

I tried from Canada and even though it showed as available - it wouldn't let me add it to my cart :cursing:

So annoyed. I have spent a LOT of $$$ with them (half of it prob in shipping!). Ya think they would have let us in on the deal.

I don't think it is related to being in Canda. I think it was already sold out when you tried to put it in the cart even if they didn't update the site. That happened to a friend of mine this morning. She kept trying to add it and it wouldn't go in. She called and the customer rep said it was sold out.

I saw information on the sale yesterday on the AG facebook page. I am glad I saw it because the deal aired on the Today show here only 30 minutes ago. I was able to order Cecile 2.5 hours ago before she sold out. My daughter has Marie-Grace and had not requested another doll but for that price I got Cecile to put away for her 10th birthday in January. She will be so excited to get her. She adores her dolls and we make a trip to the AG Denver store every year for her birthday.

Wow - they must have been just swamped this morning! I'm so super excited right now. My DD even mentioned Cecile this morning. Lucky for me she almost copies the AG catalog to her wish list. I was thinking maybe a look like me, and I'm sure we'll end up with one of those. I really prefer the historical dolls myself!

I must have got really lucky when I ordered and not many people were on yet. I saw the post yesterday and so started looking for the "code" about 7:30 CST this morning, I found it about 15 minutes later but people had already said they ordered 30 minutes before that so I'm not sure when it really started. But I put stuff in the cart, checked out no delays and confirmation e-mail was there in about 2 minutes. Very thankful I missed the crush on the website.

I just got my confirmation email---about 4 hours later! I tried to call customer service to confirm my order went through because there was no record of my order on the website ( I did print off my order confirmation page). I got a message on the cust service line that due to heavy call volume no one would be able to take my call and to call back tomorrow. I thought that was a funny message! But I got my email confirmation so all is well!

Thanks for posting this! We got one of each for my dds. When I mentioned the sale, they wanted to change their lists. I told them that I already bought all their gifts, but if they wanted to save up for it, they could do that. So that's what we're doing. :) It'll be a great excercise in delayed gratification.