Menu

What do YOU want for Christmas?

cin

Tony asked me the same last night (and several times before, lol). I told him a robe. My robes keep getting ruined between food splatter, baby poop, and spit up. I'm boring, I know. He already got me a Mac Air for my birthday (in October) and there's really nothing else on my wishlist (we pretty much buy clothing and books as we want/need). I could tell him an Amazon gift card so that I can feed my curriculum addiction without him noticing...

A stand mixer, but not a Kitchen Aide because I am not sure how much I will use it. http://www.walmart.c...Bundle/22153720

Some more glass CorningWare. I am slowly getting rid of all the plastic in my kitchen.

http://www.walmart.c...ve-Set/11971382

A new bread machine because my 15 yr old one from our wedding shower finally died.

http://www.walmart.c...achine/16503557

My husband always takes the girls to get me a couple of really big nice candles.

I want lots of things, until it comes time to tell DH. Then I dither.

I want a telephoto camera lens. OTOH, why get that when I still haven't learned the manual controls on my camera. Maybe I should do that first. Plus, is it worth the money, when all I really want to do is take pictures of birds and cows? Maybe if I use the manual settings, I'll be able to do more with my photos. Maybe I should ask for Photoshop instead. Maybe I'll learn how to use the program before I get a computer it doesn't run on.

I want a Kindle Paperwhite 3G with ads. The ads mean it is cheaper. OTOH, why ask for that when my Kindle Keyboard still works fine and has 360 books on it that I've not read yet? I won't use the Paperwhite until the K3 dies, and I dread having to put all 360 books on it, so I am trying to read them quickly. The books were free or *very* cheap, btw.

I want a pair of Lanz flannel pj's. The dithering was over whether I wanted the white fluffy dog print or the owl print. I went with the dogs. Finally, a decision!

I want a specific book about making pasta. OTOH, will this be clutter? I've had my pasta machine for 20+ years, and I've never used it. Will a book make a difference when I can find the info online, most likely?

I want a specific Chinese cookbook. I already have one, and I haven't cooked from it yet -- and it's a good one. But this one says right on the cover that it has recipes for dumplings and Dim Sum. I love Dim Sum with a passion, and there is no Chinatown here. This will probably be clutter.

I want a lovely $200 bread machine. But I like making bread by hand ... and I don't like the shape of bread machine loaves. So it would be a waste of $200. I had a bread machine once, and I gave it to Goodwill. It was not an expensive model, and I used it exactly once. Plus, I rarely make bread.

I probably want cowboy boots. Not ordinary ones ... the ones that are way too expensive for someone who doesn't own a horse, especially. Heck, the kind no one would wear in a real barn. Purple ostrich ones, maybe.

I want another dog. I already have one. He takes up a lot of my time. Do I need another? Yes! But what I really want is a dog and a dog nanny. There's a theme here ... a pool and a pool man ... a rototiller and a yard man ... a bread machine and a chef... a treadmill and a treader.

Voila! Problem solved. I want stuff, plus workers to operate all of it. I could get a lot done if I had someone else to do it!

PS Kitchen equipment, IMO, falls into the category of household supplies, notwithstanding my desire for a bread machine/chef combo. I don't actually ask for that stuff for Christmas b/c they are tools of the trade, necessary for me to do my job.

I want a lot of camera equipment I can't have, lol.

I want an iPad, but that won't happen either.

I really only get a gift from my mom. I haven't asked for anything yet. Not sure what I want. It's hard to decide what I want the most when you know it will be it for the year, lol.

Guest inoubliable

A crockpot. I had one years ago, gave it away before we moved, and never replaced it. I'd love to be able to start a nice soup or vegan stew and get on with my day, so that I'm not rushing around in the evening trying to get a meal on the table.

A food processor. The one I had was sooo old - it was my grandmother's. And it finally died this past summer.

Cast iron skillet set from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-7403-3-Piece-Skillet/dp/B000BTBX38/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1M3S3RKTSK076&coliid=INCBOLJXGVGK The last set of pots/pans that we bought are now almost 10 years old. They're falling apart one by one, so I've got just one pot and one pan left now.

Rain boots. I've never had a pair.

DH and I don't buy gifts for each other, though. We never seem to have the money for stuff like that. I mentioned the crockpot to my mom, but I doubt it'll happen. *shrug*

Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

I can't decide if I want black with gray race stripes or gray with black race strips.

No problem, though, as DH isn't yet convinced it is a practical family vehicle. So I have time to decide. Like five years. Then DC will inherit my current vehicle and I can get a new car.

Otherwise, an iPad would be nice.

Or a new robe.

DH hates shopping, you would think he would cave and get me the car just to simplify his life.

I'd like some new PJs and slippers.

I *think* I'd like ice skating lessons. I took them a couple of years ago and just about tested out of the adult basic skills. It was hard work and great exercise. I'm a little bit chicken though that I'll fall and get hurt in the next level of skills. :crying:

I want Dh to get a phone so we can stop passing around his company cell phone that is very basic and old.

The other night I was contemplating starting piano lessons again, but I don't want to be pressured like I was by my last teacher.

Mostly, I want time more than anything. I want to shut off the rest of the world for a while and just stay home and read, think, bake, cook, draw, play games, take a walk with the dogs, whatever. Oh, and I want all the problems people around me (me & my family included) are having to disappear. :) And I want the clutter to magically sort itself out and walk to the nearest thrift shop without even saying goodbye.

World peace, of course.

A donation to a charity I support.

A birdfeeder to hang outside the front window so I can look at it while sitting at my desk.

And, if we must be monetary, a nice, fat B&N gift card so I can buy books all year without guilt.

I might get the birdfeeder, unless my husband decides I hinted too much and, therefore, might be expecting it.

I would adore a standing mixer. I bake a lot and would love to have a nice one. Not necessarily Kitchen Aid, but nice. I've even looked at used ones. *sigh*

I asked for cute converse tennies, a cardigan, new search and find computer game.

I asked my momma for clothes. There's only 4 adults now, so instead of drawing names like we did last year, Mom and I switch and my brother and dh exchange. I recently changed my style and Mom will know what kind of stuff I'd like. Of course, the limit is $50 so.....

I can't be bothered with hinting to my DH - he always doesn't get it -or gets the wrong thing.

I just buy my gifts myself and put them under the tree - that way I know it will always be right and never have to be returned.

I don't care about the suprise part - I just hate seeing my DH waste money on something I'll never use or don't like.

He still buys me useless things of course -but it doesn't matter as much when I know the stuff I did want is also under the tree :D

So far I have bought myself two books ; Honey for a Childs Heart and Jim Treleases read aloud book. I'm very excited about my "surprises".

I redecorated the backroom for dh and myself (birthday/Christmas). It is a lot at once, but Very wanted. Dh now works from home and he needed a better work space than the kitchen counter. I will list the things I have bought in the last month to see if it spurs any ideas for you.

New rug

Couch

Chair

Ottoman

Entertainment system/bookcases/lighting for cabinets

Art

Pillows/blanket

paint

TV

game system

Bluray

stereo

Desk

File cabinet

Desk accesories

Ceiling light fixture

Desk Lamp

End table

Table lamp

Window dressings

This year dh and I decided to make two special Friday night dates. He'll take me to 5 guys for dinner then over to the mall so I can pick out new silky PJ's and a cozy bathrobe. On his turn we will look for new work slacks and silk bow ties of his choosing. I will wrap them up, and we each know we will get something we both like and need.

I'd really like a Bosch mixer. I don't need it - but I love to bake and I'd like to make larger batches than my KA can handle.

I'd like a new lens for my camera. It's out of the price range. ;-)

More time an energy! I'd like to golf more, get more schoolwork done, scrapbook more, do more for friends.... More!

If anyone wants to kill the 'wants' this Christmas - start decluttering. Ruthlessly. I am so horrified at what I'm getting rid of that its really hard for me to buy anything. I sort of feel bad for my kids because I am having a sick physical reaction to bringing any 'stuff' into this house and I think that it will directly impact them. They don't need anything and I'm so sick of stuff that I'll just get rid of later! I'm thinking it will be a year of gift cards, memberships, and extremely fun but extremely practical things.

I asked for a new ironing board. My husband says that it will be a give away as soon as it is wrapped and under the tree- no easy way to disguise it. Our daughter took over my ironing board with her 4H projects and I need a good one for all my quilting and sewing.

I want the Doctor Who boxed DVD set. It was available pre-sale for $170, but as soon as that ended, they sold out and now people are selling them for almost $400. :/ Hoping DH bought pre-sale????

Otherwise, I put some new spatulas and wooden spoons on my list, plus a few knitting books.

Guest inoubliable

I want: Our own place to live in, living with my mom and her DH SUCKS. I want a sewing machine that can do a couple simple stitches, I want gas money to get up to the new place because that means were one step closer to getting the heck out out of their house!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I was in that situation a couple of years ago. I hope 2013 is your lucky year!

There are some great ideas here! I would LOVE a vacation with no children. If DH has to stay home with them, oh well. I have finally come up with a few ideas. I would LOVE a food dehydrator, an anti-fatigue mat for the kitchen. I spend so much time in there! And I THINK I'm getting a blendtec. I also put one of those new home laser hair removal things on my list, as well as the fitbit. My birthday is in January, so hopefully, he'll keep the list handy.

As a reward for having ALL of the shopping done (except for a polar bear rug :confused1: for my sensory daughter) I bought a cricut that I found for less than half price. I probably should wrap it and put it under the tree, but I really want to use it over the next couple of weeks.

It may sound silly, but I really want a nice art umbrella. It rains a lot here, and I'd like to look at great art while toting my umbrella on walks. I'd also really like a Jessie Steele apron. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen feeding this crew, and I'd like to feel pretty while doing it!

Are you sure you would rather have an arty umbrella when you could have...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9195303/Hands-free-umbrella-to-help-battle-April-showers.html

(Said in a laughing tone since I can see how many people would find it goofy looking. But it looks really practical. )

No point in thinking about it b/c we have no money!

Only gifts for kids and extended family (we draw names) this year. My mom drew my name for the family gift exchange so I'm getting a beautiful, French style rolling pin and am very happy with that.

DH and I will get a couple of nice Christmas dates - a party this Friday night (free sitter) and out to see The Hobbit another night (free tix and sitter and a gift card for dinner).

I want a washing machine that actually spins the clothes - tired of aching hands from wringing out the laundry, and of the high bills from having to run the dryer so much. Realistically though, my dh doesn't really do surprise gifts though he doesn't complain when I buy what I need or even what I want (within reason, of course). I bought myself some nail polish and a makeup kit from M.A.C., and will wrap those as presents from the dogs and the kids. I also splurged on some Life of Fred books. Things aren't going so well in my marriage right now, so gifts aren't really on my priority list. I picked some things out both because the kids expect to see Mom open some gifts on Christmas morning, and because I was trying to cheer myself up.