Menu

Baby Clothes/accesories in the UK?

AnnaM

We just got the news today that my SIL who lives in the UK is having a girl! I am excited to start shopping but before I do I just wanted to get an idea of what is "trendy" over there right now? I am going to send her some distinctly "Texas" stuff, but since I won't get to see them often I was going to send a big box and want to make sure I send her stuff she is going to like.

Over here right now giagantic bows, boutique clothing and such is in. Is it the same there?

I've no idea about baby fashions. My sister just gave birth but the baby is all in hand me downs.

Beware of sending clothes overseas: you might be setting the recipient up for import duties. MIL once sent Husband shirts from Texas and we ended up paying as much in tax as the shirts had cost to buy.

Why not look into buying online and getting them delivered from within the UK instead? I'd look at Baby Boden. Also remember that the UK climate and heating systems mean that babies wear more year round: really lightweight things don't usually work in a British summer.

Laura

I've no idea about baby fashions. My sister just gave birth but the baby is all in hand me downs.

Beware of sending clothes overseas: you might be setting the recipient up for import duties. MIL once sent Husband shirts from Texas and we ended up paying as much in tax as the shirts had cost to buy.

Why not look into buying online and getting them delivered from within the UK instead? I'd look at Baby Boden. Also remember that the UK climate and heating systems mean that babies wear more year round: really lightweight things don't usually work in a British summer.

Laura

So strange! We send clothing back and forth from there all the time and have never had any taxes!

The plan was to ship one outfit directly though so that it gets there in a timely manner and I don't have to worry about shipping it myself. We have a visit in May so I will take some stuff with me when we go. I know I said I was "sending" a box but really its being packed in suitcases. Oh, and definitely on the weather. Another reason I want to shop now while we have winter clothing in the stores. I have been over about 10 times or so and I cant remember it being anything but cold except for our one trip in July!