Menu

What sizes can my dd wear?

amo_mea_filiis.

My guess would be a petite 4 or 6 in ladies but it varies by store. It is best to take her measurements and compare them to the size charts of stores you like. That is a guide and not to be trusted as fact. My experience is that size charts have some vanity sizing in them and are frequently 1-2 inches larger than they claim.

My dd can wear the 16 1/2 (girls plus size) and wears a 10 petite in misses. If your daughter is not willowy then try the misses sizes instead of the junior sizes. Again, like someone said it is very hit or miss. My dd got jeans in a 10 petite Friday but has some size 6 that fit well but the leggings I got are a 12 in misses and aren't a bit too big at all. Once you find a size, go up one and down one, esp. at places like Salvation Army and Goodwill where they have lots of different brands.

Dd fits into a size 16/18 (16 1/2, not sure) but there's never much variety in that size. I want to get her out of all the stretchy pants and into more jeans/pants.

What size could we try in jrs or women's? She's still under 5 foot but not by much.

Well, you will have to try some things for length, but she could possibly wear juniors, anywhere from 0-5 depending on the cut.

Thank you.

I shop at the Salvation Army because clothes are just too expensive.

I will see if a friend can watch ds this week so dd and i can just try a bunch of stuff.

If you are shopping in older clothing be aware she will probably need a bigger size around then you think. Jean companies have been vanity sizing for the last 5-10 yrs. I can wear size 6 in current Jean sizes with room to spare but my pre dd pregnancy jeans are size 10 and snug.