Menu

Is this the new Mom uniform??

Moxie

Me, too. FWIW, I wear skinny jeans and tall boots a LOT. I usually wear a sweater or tunic on top, but sometimes a blouse and blazer. It depends on what mood I'm in, but I'm here to tell you that

1) you do NOT have to be skinny to wear skinny jeans well

2) skinny jeans are NOT supposed to be so tight you're sporting camel toe

3) tall boots come in wider calf sizes and,

4) you do NOT have to be under 30 to wear this look and wear it tastefully and stylishly

I know this because I rock the heck out of it, and I have never been a size 2 model AND I'm over 40.

And, if you want to harp on the whole modesty thing, let me tell you that long denim skirt that's 2 sizes too small is NOT modest. Neither is that top that's so tight your bra isn't even good enough to hide the pointer-sisters you're sporting every cold day. I see this on young an older girls alike EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I go into the bigger towns. These are the same ones who will smirk at every woman in pants like they've got some superior secret. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

You are so awesome, Audrey. :iagree:

DS had practice for his guitar recital yesterday. I was sitting in a room with 4 other women. We were all wearing some kind of skinny jeans/leggins with tall boots :ohmy: . Is this the new Mom uniform (it is pretty comfy and cute) or just a fad??

It is also the teen uniform. I bought my daughter her first pair of skinny jeans and brown leather boot (Kasia) from Target for Christmas.

Not all skinny people look great in skinny jeans. I weigh less then 100 pounds and wouldn't touch skinny jeans with a 10 foot pole. They make me look like a walking skeleton :laugh: I need jeans that make me look "fuller" so I don't get asked every 10 minutes if I ever eat anything or told that I look sick. I like my bootlegs.

This exactly. And those boots always look ridiculous on my non-calfs since they're supposed to be hugging your leg and they don't. Plus I'm short. Not a look I'll ever try.

I wish I could wear this look. It's super cute, but all the boots I've found thus far look super rediculous on my skinny 12 1/2 inch calves...I keep trying on boot after boot and they are soooooo roomy with the back of the boot sticking out so far it looks bad. :glare: SO I stick with short boots under my jeans....that's all I can wear.

My dd20 was shopping with me this past weekend and tried on boots that looked too big in the calf. She said they were actually popular like tall snug boots. She called it the pirate look. That was a new one on me. I told her they looked downright silly. She didn't buy them. :)

I wish I could wear this look. It's super cute, but all the boots I've found thus far look super rediculous on my skinny 12 1/2 inch calves...I keep trying on boot after boot and they are soooooo roomy with the back of the boot sticking out so far it looks bad. :glare: SO I stick with short boots under my jeans....that's all I can wear.

Yep. I just measured mine--11.75" those boots look ridiculous on me.

Most of my friends wear this "uniform". We're early 30s and I think it's super cute AND comfy. The thing about skinny jeans is that they aren't as uncomfortable as they might seem. They're usually made with stretchy denim. Also, they can be super cheap. I've picked them up for under $10 a pair. Comfy, simple, cute. Long live skinny jeans!

Well, I'm almost 36 and I'd say most of the women were about my age??

I did see a woman in her 60's wearing skinny jeans with boots in church this morning. She is a really beautiful woman with a lovely silver bob hairstyle. She had on skinny jeans with black boots, a nice grey sweater and silver statement necklace. Very stylish. I thought she really looked nice and confident. Proof to me that age doesn't have to matter.

I'm 50 and do skinny jeans and leggings with boots. My problem area is the belly but that is pretty easy to take care of with a tunic top. I wouldn't do leggings with short shirts no matter what :p. I also wear leggings or tights under above knee length dresses or skirts. I also have graying hair :).

I like the look. I have a lot of longer, flowing shirts, and they look much better with the skinny jean/boot combo than with boot-cut jeans. Plus for me regular jeans always seem to be too tight in the hips and too loose in the thighs. No problems there with the stretchy jegging-type pants.

Though I am 29 so I guess I'm supposed to still hop on the fashion trend bandwagon, lol.

And, if you want to harp on the whole modesty thing, let me tell you that long denim skirt that's 2 sizes too small is NOT modest. Neither is that top that's so tight your bra isn't even good enough to hide the pointer-sisters you're sporting every cold day. I see this on young an older girls alike EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I go into the bigger towns. These are the same ones who will smirk at every woman in pants like they've got some superior secret. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

Why the assumption that the women here who find it immodest are the same as these ladies? I'm not a skirt only gal myself and try to keep my "sisters" concealed. Others might find it modest, some don't, people will always have different standards.

I'm such a fashion nerd. I'm 5'6" and around 135 pounds....not overweight at all...but I NEVER feel stylish. My SIL is very tall and quite a bit overweight and yet she dresses so cute! She looks great in leggings and long shirts...WHERE do you ladies find the longer shirts...I have a long torso, but find many of the longer shirts are too big overall...it seems the cut is important.

Sigh. Anyone shop at Old Navy for that look?

IMHO the only women who look good in skinny jeans are tall beanpoles, so I'd say skip the trend.

Well I am short and muscular and it's all I wear.

And in the Winter when it's wet out often I hate wearing boot cut jeans that get all wet on the bottom.

If skinny jeans and boots are the fad, I have missed the bandwagon once again.

Trust me, you don't want to see me in skinny jeans.....

I was, however, recently introduced to butt bling, and I'm liking it :D

Is that like those pockets with all the blingy stuff on them? Some of those are cute!

Me, too. FWIW, I wear skinny jeans and tall boots a LOT. I usually wear a sweater or tunic on top, but sometimes a blouse and blazer. It depends on what mood I'm in, but I'm here to tell you that

1) you do NOT have to be skinny to wear skinny jeans well

2) skinny jeans are NOT supposed to be so tight you're sporting camel toe

3) tall boots come in wider calf sizes and,

4) you do NOT have to be under 30 to wear this look and wear it tastefully and stylishly

I know this because I rock the heck out of it, and I have never been a size 2 model AND I'm over 40.

Okay, Let me just say that if #2 means what I think it means you rock...and thanks for the chuckle!

Is that like those pockets with all the blingy stuff on them? Some of those are cute!

Yes! I was reluctant at first, but my hubby insisted. He's so funny about that! He actually does most of my shopping for me because I'd NEVER spend that kind of money. He buys most of my shoes, bought my nice handbag, and now nice jeans.

Yes! I was reluctant at first, but my hubby insisted. He's so funny about that! He actually does most of my shopping for me because I'd NEVER spend that kind of money. He buys most of my shoes, bought my nice handbag, and now nice jeans.

Wow he's a keeper. My husband wouldn't even know where to go LOL

Yep. I just measured mine--11.75" those boots look ridiculous on me.

I mostly wear ugg type boots with mi.e, but I do have a couple other pairs that are almost stretchy leather. The other thing that helps is to get over the knee socks in a looser thicker knit. I actually pull them up over my jeans and kind of scrunch them down into the boots to help stop them from rattling around on my legs! I hate socks, with a passion, but this really isn't so bad ;)

I also get mid calf boots, never knee length, mid calf translates to upper calf on me! Kind of like below the knee skirts translates to cut your calves in half and make you look even stumpier.

Why the assumption that the women here who find it immodest are the same as these ladies? I'm not a skirt only gal myself and try to keep my "sisters" concealed. Others might find it modest, some don't, people will always have different standards.

*I* didn't make any such assumption. You just assumed that I did. I was simply pointing out one of the attitudes I see around me IRL (as I specifically stated). The assumptions are all yours.