Menu

Make me laugh?

tntgoodwin

So, I was told by multiple people that I don't laugh enough. What is the funniest thing you have seen, heard, or thought of? Could be a YouTube video, a song, a website, a joke... it is up to you.

FWIW, my favorite stand-up comedians are Demetri Martin, Jim Gaffigan, Mitch Hedberg, Steven Wright, etc

It isn't that I don't have a sense of humor. And I enjoy making others laugh. But when I find something humorous, I rarely go beyond a smile/smirk, maybe a slight chuckle.

My 9 yo dd has a joke. What did the potato chip say to the other potato chip? Let's take a dip!

What kind of gum do whales chew? Blubber gum!

How do rabbits travel? By hair plane!

What kind of soda to trees drink? Root beer!

What kind of bow can't you tie? A rainbow!

Knock knock

Whose there?

Hula

Hula who?

p

get it? hula hoop!

Why did the mushroom go to the party? He was a fungi!

She has more but I'll spare you. :laugh:

I'm trying to get some SNL Dana Carvey skits to you, but Hulu isn't cooperating. Seriously, though, get your hands on "The Best of Dana Carvey" from Saturday Night Live. You will laugh, I guarantee. If you don't, I will BUY the dvd back from you!

There is a hubbub at a bar, where several people are admiring the amazing tattoos of Garth Brooks and Dwight Yoakum on the thighs of a female patron. No fan of country music, the hero of our story has a look and says: I don't know the two guys on the sides, but that's definitely Willie Nelson in the middle.

Did you laugh?

Recently this:

(Julia Sweeny and the facts of life)

made me laugh.

I've also discovered the 90's Britcom One Foot in the Grave, and nearly every show has a cascade of events that makes me really laugh. Its all on YouTube.

Search youtube for Bill Cosby Himself. DH loves these.

or search for Samuel L Jackson's Go the F-bomb (search the real word) to Sleep...I cried laughing because I have one of these kids who keeps getting up after we put her down...for years!!! If you can't handle the F-bomb, then you probably won't think it's as funny.

This one always makes me laugh. Maybe you'd find female humor funny. :tongue_smilie:

There is a hubbub at a bar, where several people are admiring the amazing tattoos of Garth Brooks and Dwight Yoakum on the thighs of a female patron. No fan of country music, the hero of our story has a look and says: I don't know the two guys on the sides, but that's definitely Willie Nelson in the middle.

Did you laugh?

No, sorry...

I think something must be wrong with me.

No, sorry...

I think something must be wrong with me.

Well, Freud thought normalcy was demonstrated through the ability to work and to love. I know that many other cultures think us USians mindless idiots because we are always grinning like fools.

As you get older, your peers will become more battle-scarred by life and accept more variation in people. As long as you're not a criminal and drive safely, fewer and fewer of your peers will bother to label you, IME.

I was just watching "Elf" last night on Disney or some such channel. That movie cracks me up. "SANTA! SANTA! I know him! I know him!" :laugh: But then, I'm jovial. I laugh all the time. This forum makes me laugh out loud all the time. My kids comment on it, "Mom must be reading that group of homeschoolers forum thing."

Did you ever read Sharon of Austin's kilt limerick? I laughed for days. I stored it on my phone. It goes like this:

A limber young bato from Buffalo

at limbo excelled, he could shuffle low

when senor so well-built

tried his moves in a kilt

the unveiling produced a kerfuffalo.

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

It isn't that I don't have a sense of humor. And I enjoy making others laugh. But when I find something humorous, I rarely go beyond a smile/smirk, maybe a slight chuckle.

I'm the same. It takes something really good to make me LOL.

Someone posted something recently that actually make me LOL, but I couldn't find it to share with you. If I find anything in the near future I'll post it for you.