Menu

Hypoallergenic earrings?

Whereneverever

I'm looking for my dd5 for Christmas. She currently has Cbr rings in from a piercing studio. I have no idea what metal they are, but it looks like silver.

Gold makes her ears break out. Other silver ones do, too. She would prefer something other then the rings- any ideas for metals that would be gentle for her ears?

I use surgical steel and palladium, they were recommended my my artist when I got my industrial piercing. Totally unscientific theory here too: the piercings I had done with a gun have horrible reactions to cheap metals while all the ones done with a needle have accepted any jewelery no problem.

These were needle piercing and they still are giving her issues.

Surgical steel is different then stainless, isn't it? And I'm not familiar with palladium. Thanks!

Surgical steel is a subcategory of stainless that's more corrosion resistant. More info Here. It does contain trace nickel so if you're sensitive to that it's not the best fit. Palladium is a bit more expensive and usually used to make white gold alloys instead of nickel or silver.

ETA: You can also buy earrings for the sensitive-to-everything here and here.