Menu

I Refuse to Get the Flu

Jean in Newcastle

I threw up when I woke up this morning. But dd10 has been looking forward to today for a couple of weeks. She's working at a special "parent's night out" at the Y. So here I am huddled in a corner at a table trying not spread any germs. I took Oregano oil, which is supposed to be anti-viral. I'm so tired I fell asleep here at the table and then jumped half a foot into the air when someone who was standing nearby laughed loudly.

DD missed her Nutcracker performance last night, as she woke up with a 103.2 fever yesterday :( She was so sad. She is only in preballet 2, so it was like 45 mins (eta: meant to say 45 *seconds*) on stage, but oh how she was looking forward to it. I was even more upset than she was. She was going to hang in a "holding room" until she went on stage, and I couldn't in good conscience expose a whole roomful of other girls to what she has. A lot of people we know suggested we just give her some Tylenol since fever was her main symptom (not coughing much at all, no real sore throat). I couldn't do it.

Feel better! I feel like we always miss out on fun stuff this time of the year due to illness, even with supplements like D3, elderberry, etc.

Hope you can ward it off, Jean! I think I may be developing bronchitis. Don't feel too bad, except for when I start coughing....but those bouts are happening more frequently. I'm really trying to kick it before it takes hold of me....we'll see who wins this battle.

May I suggest oil of oregano (I like it in capsule form) plus curcumin (the active ingredient in tumeric) for the inflammation.

She was going to hang in a "holding room" until she went on stage, and I couldn't in good conscience expose a whole roomful of other girls to what she has. A lot of people we know suggested we just give her some Tylenol since fever was her main symptom (not coughing much at all, no real sore throat). I couldn't do it.

On behalf of every parent at that performance, I would like to thank you for doing the proper and unselfish thing by keeping your dd at home. So many parents would have exposed every other person to the illness, just so their child could get her 45 seconds on stage, and I truly commend you for not having done that.

I hope your dd feels better soon! :grouphug:

Jean, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! How much oil of oregano do you take? I have heard about it, but I have never tried it, so I don't really have a clue about it!

I took 2 capsules of OregaBiotic Timed Release Formula (there are lots of brands - this just happened to be the one I have).

The idea behind both the oregano and the oscillo is to head the virus off at the pass. We'll see how I feel tomorrow but I don't have any symptoms at this moment.