Menu

BHB - I have received a prayer request

Parrothead

This morning I found a PM in my box re: Boardies helping Boardies. In order to keep the request anonymous I'm not posting her name. But she did ask that those helping out keep her and her family in their prayers. I'm of a mind that the more people there are praying the better.

I'll share just a few snippets of what she shared with me and I'll ask that if you are so inclined you'll pray for her family during Advent and even beyond.

-I am so tired of the struggle, but my faith holds . . . although that is yet another reason that makes this note to you so hard

-For someone to remember us in prayer this next year that God would mercifully bring us relief, some answers, some direction . . . this would just be so wonderful . . .

Long story short there is massive medical expenses, elderly family to care for and job loss just to name a few of their challenges. As you can imagine the stress of it all has taken a toll on our Boardie.

Please, let's lift her and her family up in prayer, good thoughts and positive energy.

I've handed this family's Christmas needs to elves that can help so that part is taken care of.

Thank you.

I will absolutely pray for this family. I am so glad she contacted you, Chucki, and that you're able to keep her identity anonymous -- but please remind her that there is never any shame in asking for prayers. She can post any time and ask -- even if she doesn't want to provide details. Sometimes it's hard to ask for help, but remember that prayers are free, and even if someone doesn't think their situation is as dire as someone else's, that's not a reason to remain silent. It's not a competition where only the most needy get prayed for; if someone feels that they need prayers, that's more than enough reason for me.