Menu

May I join the fun? (CC)

Hi, everyone!

I registered last night after being a lurker for far too long! A little introduction: We are a Christian family living in St. Charles County (near St. Louis) and have 4 boys ages 6, 9, 11, and 13. We've always homeschooled, using lots of ideas from TWTM.

I've learned (and laughed!) a lot just reading here and was starting to feel left out! There were so many times I kept thinking, "Oooh! I wanna say something!"

I'm looking forward to participating with all of you!

Chelle

Hi, everyone!

I registered last night after being a lurker for far too long! A little introduction: We are a Christian family living in St. Charles County (near St. Louis) and have 4 boys ages 6, 9, 11, and 13. We've always homeschooled, using lots of ideas from TWTM.

I've learned (and laughed!) a lot just reading here and was starting to feel left out! There were so many times I kept thinking, "Oooh! I wanna say something!"

I'm looking forward to participating with all of you!

Chelle

Welcome!!! I'm so glad you finally jumped in with both feet!

Thanks for the warm welcome! You guys are so sweet! Now I just have to figure out how to navigate all the ins and outs of the board! There are so many options. Since I don't know how to quote yet:

Carli, I'm not Chelle from HSC--I don't even know what that is!

Michelle in MO--you're right, this is a great area for homeschoolers!

Again, thanks everybody! See ya around!

Chelle

Sodowoo! That's Somali for "Welcome". I'm not Somali but I tutor them in English, so I am trying to use some of their language.

Do you know any Richterkessings in St. Charles?

That's cool that you tutor Somalis. I've recently been thinking that someday I'd like to teach adults how to read. We use Rod and Staff and God's Design, too. I don't know the Richterkessings. I'm sure I'd remember a name that unique!

Chelle

Welcome, Chelle!

We're in O'Fallon frequently to visit my brother & his family. They homeschool too, so we often trade a kid or two for a week long visit.

Lots to do in your neck of the woods, eh?

Hmmm...wonder if I'd know your brother's family? Chances are not, but you never know! We're close to O'Fallon. I'm not sure how much info to share in a place like this...

And yes, lots to do here. I really like our location in the metro area.

Thanks for the welcomes, Sharon and Ashleen!

Chelle

Thanks for the additional welcomes!

I'm slowly trying to navigate all the little things the boards can do, so I clicked on "User Control Panel" to see what that was about and found that I have REP! How cool is that? You guys are awesome!

Guess I'll head over to another thread now instead of packing for this weekend's baseball trip!

Chelle

Welcome to a great place of endless advice, support and encouragement of all sorts!!!

We live in Mount Vernon, Il which is east of St. Louis about 60 miles. So wish that I lived closer to be involved in homeschool activities in that area. I have heard there is a great group in or around O'Fallon. My husband keeps telling me to find one over there to get involved in occasionally.

Welcome to a great place of endless advice, support and encouragement of all sorts!!!

We live in Mount Vernon, Il which is east of St. Louis about 60 miles. So wish that I lived closer to be involved in homeschool activities in that area. I have heard there is a great group in or around O'Fallon. My husband keeps telling me to find one over there to get involved in occasionally.

Thanks, Sadiegirl! I've been through Mt. Vernon many, many times on my way to and from TN, FL, GA, and SC.

SCCHE is a very active group in this area. They have so much to choose from to be involved in--classes, band, choir, field trips, etc. Quite a drive for you, but you'd be welcome over here anytime! There are active groups in St. Louis County, too, that would be a bit closer for you. One of them is CHEF--they do a big convention/curriculum fair each June that you've probably at least heard of.

Chelle