Menu

Have you heard of...

lexi

Melaleuca? It's a company of health products, natural cleaners, beauty products, etc. I had never heard of it. Someone approached me this week. But I would love to know if anyone has insight or experience with it. Has anyone tried their stuff? I'm all for using natural stuff but I'm also feeling pressured when I know nothing about it. Thoughts? Please share!

I will NEVER buy from Melaleuca. They have horrible practices for selling products, and are a pyramid scheme. Back in the day I was on the board that all of this happened on. Yes, I checked into the story of the dead boy and found it to be false. It horrified me that a company would stoop so low in order to make sales.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/resolve.asp

I used to buy from them. I liked their cleaning products, but they have a monthly minimum purchase requirement, and after a while I was so stocked on cleaning supplies I found myself buying things I didn't really want to meet the minimum. Also, they made it rather difficult to quit - lots of hoops to jump through.

I've heard of it. Someone invited me to a "party" once and tried to get me to buy some of that stuff. I think it's pricey and I don't like the name. "Melaluca" sounds like some sort of nasty skin condition. Why would I want to clean my house with nasty, skin-condition cleaning products. Blech!

Thanks for the thoughts so far..........I saw the info on the monthly minimum. I don't like that. I'd rather just order what I need when I need it.

I also can't see joining a company when I've never even tried the products. But you have to join to order............

I used to buy from them. I liked their cleaning products, but they have a monthly minimum purchase requirement, and after a while I was so stocked on cleaning supplies I found myself buying things I didn't really want to meet the minimum. Also, they made it rather difficult to quit - lots of hoops to jump through.

What did they say about quitting? I thought about getting a temporary account but I don't want to have a hard time if I decide to quit. That makes me nervous.

They also said something about auto ship where they would ship you stuff each month if you "forget" to order. I don't like the sound of that either. What if I don't want more but they ship anyway? What do you do then?

I have never used them but their tactics remind me of amway from back in the day.

This. I know some people who did use their stuff, but I was never sure if they really liked the products, or just talked it up because they wanted the commission from getting me to sign up and buy more junk than I needed (minimum order). If the stuff was THAT great, it'd sell itself and there'd be no reason for monthly minimums because people would replace as needed, IMO.

yes I've heard of it. dh had a client or business group member or something. multilevel marketing. Yes I tried their vitamins. and yes, I quit because they weren't the correct dosage for me - and I will never, ever, ever, take a "one size fits all" mutliviatmin again!

We bought from a friend years ago. The sales pitch is their exclusive healing/ cleaning product. The foundational product is tea tree oil, available elsewhere. Maybe theirs is more concentrated, I will never know, but I thought it was a bit deceptive, and was disappointed that a friend never clarified that.

What did they say about quitting? I thought about getting a temporary account but I don't want to have a hard time if I decide to quit. That makes me nervous.

They also said something about auto ship where they would ship you stuff each month if you "forget" to order. I don't like the sound of that either. What if I don't want more but they ship anyway? What do you do then?

From what I understand, you have to send a letter to quit, and it can take months for it to be "processed". Until it is, you are still receiving and being billed for stuff you probably don't want.

What did they say about quitting? I thought about getting a temporary account but I don't want to have a hard time if I decide to quit. That makes me nervous. They also said something about auto ship where they would ship you stuff each month if you "forget" to order. I don't like the sound of that either. What if I don't want more but they ship anyway? What do you do then?

From what I understand, you have to send a letter to quit, and it can take months for it to be "processed". Until it is, you are still receiving and being billed for stuff you probably don't want.

You have to send a written statement that you want to quit, and it has to be received by a certain day of the month to count for that month - I think it was the 25th or so. The statement is on their website so you can print it out and either mail or fax it to them. If you don't place an order and they don't receive your letter in time, they send you a "backup order". You can choose what is in your backup order or they will just send a standard one, which may not have anything you want.

I will say once I faxed the letter to them it was processed in 24 hours.

I will say once I faxed the letter to them it was processed in 24 hours.

This was my experience as well. I was a member for about 6 months. I like their products, especially the cleaning products. But the monthly minimum order really wasn't doable for me (it's based on points, but the minimum is about $70-75 a month). So I stocked up and quit.