Menu

Okay, people, about cupcakes....

Susan in KY

I did, too! And I often wonder about that poor newbie poster who started the most amazing thread in the history of the Hive. Did she ever come back? I know we all begged her to check in!

She probably has the highest number of profile views relative to post count since so many people kept checking to see if she had signed back in!

She did come back, as her profile shows her last activity as Oct. 1st, but I don't know if she read that thread again because she never posted on it again.

Here is the thread that started it all, I believe. Warning--it's LOOONNGG. http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/414832-birthday-cupcakes-at-ps-does-this-stick-in-your-craw-also/

Huh. I thought that thread was deleted.

I remember reading the thread when there was just the OP and no replies yet. I thought, "oh boy" but I never dreamed it would turn into that.

That explains where the cupcake tangents come from when a thread turns OT. I'm not surprised it turned, seems like it was supposed to be a JAWM vent about disrespectful parents (not following school rules, making a big deal out of treats when some parents would like their children not to have that particular issue thrust upon them during school hours) and like anything, people disagree and/or think the problem is really some latent bitterness the OP needs to get over and quit whining.

My personal favorite reply has to be this: (on the subject of If A Child Harbors Unstated Anger Stemming From Cupcakes)

"If they do, someone should lovingly step in and raise them. No child should suffer the abuse of being left to wallow in her own selfishness or self-absorbedness for a lifetime. It's our job as parents to teach our children correct attitudes and behaviors. It's loving to do so."

Apparently feeling left out by, you know, being left out is the result of poor parenting.