Menu

S/O White Elephant Gift Ideas - Themed

AlmiraGulch

I host my local sisters and their families for a Christmas party every year, and each year we do a themed white-elephant type party. It's a bit competitive, I have to admit!

Last year the gift had to do with the giver's favorite Christmas Carol. For example, someone brought a hula hoop, someone brought a package of Sleepy-Tine team, an eye mask and a bottle of Tylenol PM (Silent Night (sleep in heavenly peace) etc.

This year the theme is your favorite Christmas movie. I did this, and I have no idea what to take! My favorite Christmas movies are completely non-traditional......Love Actually and The Ref. I know many of you have seen (and hated!) Love Actually. If you haven't seen The Ref, it's a hysterically funny, but kind of dark, comedy. For some reason, I can't think beyond those two movies, and I have NO idea what to buy for my own party!

Any suggestions? Please help. I'm desperate. Even my 9 year old has come up with hers! I can't be outdone!

A Christmas Story--Gift Card to a Chinese restaurant

Christmas Vacation--crazy lights

Elf--anything w/Sugar

Christmas with the Kranks--beach stuff(since they were going on a tropical cruise)

Home Alone--picture frame or a snow shovel

A Christmas Carol--bed sheets

Miracle on 34th Street-stationary

It's A Wonderful Life--inspirational book

The Santa Clause--favorite childhood toy

Hope those give you some ideas :)