Menu

Teen Daughter Update

AlmiraGulch

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for your help, advice and support these last few years, particularly as it relates to DD1.

Just as I knew it was time to pull her out of public school 3+ years ago, I knew equally that it was time for her to go back this year. After all of our struggles, academically and otherwise, she now has 3 As and 2 Bs, is actually involved in some clubs at school, and seems genuinely content (dare I say...happy?). Still no "friends", no hanging out, but I guess that will come when it does. And our relationship is in a really good place. It's very positive, and no more fighting about school that spirals into other things. I couldn't be more pleased at this point.

DD2...that's another story. My perfect little almost-10 year old child has turned into the moodiest person I've ever met. Talk about sensitive! She cries at the drop of a hat and is incredibly introspective. I fear the years of "everything is mom's fault" are coming quickly. Somebody remind me that this, too, shall pass!

Anyway, thanks again. You all have helped me through some very dark times, and have helped me help her. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you!

That's a great update for dd1. My youngest dd got moody around age 11 and by 12 was spending more time on her own in her room. The last year of homeschooling, age 13, was the roughest on her and one of the reasons why we allowed her to start school this year. She's happier, although she is still trying to get used to deadlines. Her moodiness has calmed way down, thank goodness!