Menu

Do any of the pizza places offer gluten-free crusts?

Luanne

Dominos has a problem with cross contamination and advises individuals with Celiac Disease or gluten allergies to not eat their GF pizza. Here is a link to the website's FAQ section.

Happy Joe's pizza also sells GF pizza. They use the same frozen crust sold in grocery stores. Happy Joe's also has a disclaimer about cross contamination. I tried Happy Joe's GF pizza and became ill. The franchise here states the GF pizza is not for those with Celiac or gluten allergies but for those individuals wanting a more gluten free lifestyle.

I satisfy my pizza craving by making homemade pizza. Hodgson Mill has a decent crust mix. I use it to make a deep dish pizza and have been successful every time. My non-GF family members have never complained about the taste or texture.

This is the mix I used to make my Halloween jack-o-lantern pizzas. I was skeptical because it was more like a batter than a dough but, oh my, it was good. There was nothing left and our friends were surprised it was GF.

A restaurant near us has a complete gluten-free Italian menu, including several varieties of pizza. They have some sort of gluten-free certification, and there are separate kitchen facilities for all of the gluten-free cooking, so there is no cross-contamination with the "regular" cooking.

Garlic Jim's has GF crust and they take measures to avoid cross contamination. They at cooked in the same oven, but other than that there is no CC. They use separate utensils, pans, sauce etc. and it tastes pretty good too.

That being said I have no idea how fa th CO location is for you.

For a homemade option, Udi's crust is pretty good.

We have yet to have a decent tasting GF crust in a restaurant. Last week we tried a frozen pizza from Whole Foods. I think the brand was "Against the Grain". It was actually very tasty. We bought a cheese pizza and added pepperoni and sliced peppers before baking. It cost $12 which probably makes it just as expensive as a restaurant. ;) It was big enough to feed three people though.