Menu

Editing Issues

Walking-Iris

I'm not sure if others are having this glitch happen or not. But when I try to edit a post it just stays in the editing format after I click "done" or whatever the button says. I have to refresh the page to get back to the thread and then more often than not it double posts. The original post with the edited one following.

Anyone else having editing and double posting issues?

Edit worked for me in Safari earlier in the week. Then a couple of days ago, still in Safari, it did exactly what you said -- stayed locked in edit mode. I just closed the browser and never returned to see what ended up posting.

And here I am in "edit" again. Now it's fine. ALthough only about 5 seconds past since I originally posted. I'll try again later and see what happens.

Editing again after other people posted. Aaaaand, it looks like I'm stuck again. Off to open a new window and see what it looks like there.

Sometimes it does this for me. More often than not I find it has posted and it is the refresh that gets "hung." I open another tab to check that the message/edit has posted, then close the "hung" tab.

ETA: It did it when I posted this. :lol:

Sometimes it does this for me. More often than not I find it has posted and it is the refresh that gets "hung." I open another tab to check that the message/edit has posted, then close the "hung" tab.

That sounds really annoying!

I haven't had any of these issues except for the very first day the forums were back up. Then again, I don't post very much. But if it helps, I am using Firefox and NOT having issues.

That sounds really annoying!

I haven't had any of these issues except for the very first day the forums were back up. Then again, I don't post very much. But if it helps, I am using Firefox and NOT having issues.

It's not happening to me very often, so I'm not overly annoyed.

okay. well hopefully this is something that will clear up soon? It's slightly annoying to go back and edit with a "double post" as well as to read "double post." I don't remember ever having double post issues before. Just wondering.

ETA: just to see if it happened again....

okay that time it seems to work. Huh.