Menu

does anybody else miss...

kfeusse

the feature where there are related threads to the one you just posted or are currently reading? I have always loved looking at those as well...especially on topics that have no exact life span.

how do i get to the emoticons? I can't seem to find them...

what else is missing or just isn't quite the way we are used to? Not that I am complaining...but I hate having to spend so much time trying to figure out everything...is there a tutoring class I can take to something??

I really miss the hover feature, where you could put your cursor over a thread and see more of the title or first sentence in the post before opening it. I wonder if they will bring that back. I used it all the time. I am really missing that one.

I really miss the hover feature, where you could put your cursor over a thread and see more of the title or first sentence in the post before opening it. I wonder if they will bring that back. I used it all the time. I am really missing that one.

I love that feature, too. If you click on the arrow to the right of the thread title it will show more info....I think quite a bit more.

I really miss the hover feature too. The preview takes as long as opening the thread, so it isn't as good as the hover.

ETA

I withdraw my objections to the preview. It is working nicely now. You don't have to close it either (which I really appreciate). I can either go right to the thread from the preview window or just keep scrolling down the page. I don't have to close.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

Lacking the hover feature working, I guessed maybe this would say, I really miss the old forums. And I was going to put this :iagree: -- I also do miss the hover. But I miss being able to just get on and use it, rather than getting:

Safari can’t open the page “http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/forum/3-parents-forum-k-8-curriculum-board/†because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

Safari can’t open the page “http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/441786-how-to-prepare-for-kids-entertainment-needs-in-rual-area/†because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

Safari can’t open the page “http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/forum/3-parents-forum-k-8-curriculum-board/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__30†because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

etc.

Even when I do not get such messages, the new "improved" ???? system is so slow for me as to barely usable. :sad: emoticons are one of the few easy parts.

Even when I do not get such messages, the new "improved" ???? system is so slow for me as to barely usable. :sad: emoticons are one of the few easy parts.

Yes, I miss the old forums. I don't think this new format is going to work for my old eyes. I can barely see most of the print, it's so tiny and blurry. Very tiny and blurry. Sigh.

Hmmm....when I'm on the boards they move quite quickly, and I've yet to get error messages (after the first couple of days). I'm not technically savvy enough to know why some people get error messages and slow boards, and others don't. But I did want to throw it out there...that maybe it's your server or something?

As to the print size, can you increase it in some way? Even on my iPad the print is big enough to read. Of course, I'm old enough to have reading glasses.... :tongue_smilie:

John, most of the time when I go to write a post, the blue box around my post being typed is a lighter blue and I can't use any of the features on the blue box...can you look into that for me??

Also, can some please tell me how to insert a link....unlike before where I could just copy and paste an amazon link to something, (which was so nice to be able to do), I now can't....can someone help me with that?? thanks.