Menu

Gift ideas for 8 year old girl?

I have no idea what to get DD 8 for Christmas... We do the "Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" plus a toy or other "fun" gift from Santa. "Wear" and "read" are easy, but "want" "need" and "santa" are tricky.

She loves Calico Critters, Littlest Petshop, and Playmobil, but has lots of all three. We did pick up a Calico Critter wedding set that will either be from Santa or her brother. She also has three 18 inch dolls, but has so many clothes for them that they almost need their own closet. ;)

She likes crafts, but again, we have a lot of supplies and half finished projects... I'll get her more yarn for her knitting looms for in her stocking...

Science kits are a possibility, though we have some from last year we haven't done yet because I wanted to line them up with our curriculum, and we haven't made much progress in science.

Gah! We have too much stuff! What a first world problem... But I do want to get her some things that she likes and that make her feel like we love and cherish her...

Anyway, what does your 7-9 year old girl want? Do you have any great suggestions?

Oh, budget is around $120 for three gifts (want/need/santa).

Thanks,

Heather

My girls are 7.5 & 9. They both asked for an American Girl doll 3 years in a row and finally this year they are getting that from the in-laws! However I've purchased the Duktig Ikea Doll bed for each of them and I plan on staining it and making bedding for them both along with a fluffy realistic mattress too!

My 7.5 yr old LOVES to be all dolled up so I've found an AMAZING beautiful and large jewelry box at a thrift shop in NEW condition. I've purchased several pieces of clearance jewerly the past several months to fill it for her! I'm also purchasing E.L.F. makeup for her along with her very own makeup brush set as she's always asking to borrow mine. She applies LIGHT makeup and is really well at applying after much mommy-daughter tutorial sessions. I'm also getting her some scrapbooking stuff as she is forever making scrapbooking pages and displaying them everywhere. I have purchased a small binder so she can display her work in it. :) I found a couple movies that were on her wish list this year on Amazon for steals and snagged them! She also wants the Lego Friends Olivia's House, but Nana is gonna snatch that for her as well as a Kindle Fire.

My 9yr old LOVES all things stuffed and creative! I found several stuffed animals that she's going to toss into her pile of MUCH loved stuffed animals that are taking over her bed. This is what she LOVES and I want to embrace it as she has sensory issues and I've made her get rid of some of her stuffed animals and it's had a sad effect on her but we didn't know why she was overly attached, now we know why :D. So now I want to add some NEW ones to her pile! :) I'm putting together a "create your own monster" kit for her that will include buttons, googley eyes, pipe cleaners, fake fur, different cuts of fabric, stuffing, paper for pattern making, and some inspirational pictures I found online. She also loves making videos but has been using our digital camera so my mom found a cheap starter video camera for her this year. I also found some great amazon dvd deals and nabbed a few of her wish list movies! She's really wanting the Imaginex Ogre, Jurassic Park Dinosaur Model Kit and the Melissa & Doug TRex stuffed animal that Nana is gonna snag for her.