Menu

Complaints about white background

annandatje

Wasn't the background on the old vBulleting board software white with darker blue separators?

I too am over age 50, but I have not noticed a difference between vBulletin white background and IP.Board white background.

What am I missing?

Yes, I had said elsewhere that I believe it is the pastel "trimming" that is the problem. Not the white. It makes one big bright screen, whereas the darker borders helped contrast things better.

The old format had less empty white space. The background was white, but the whole thing was more condensed, so there wasn't so much empty whitespace glaring at us. There was also more contrast with the areas outside of the text boxes. But with the large amount of empty whitespace this format has, it won't help enough just to make the borders darker.

The old format had less empty white space. The background was white, but the whole thing was more condensed, so there wasn't so much empty whitespace glaring at us. There was also more contrast with the areas outside of the text boxes. But with the large amount of empty whitespace this format has, it won't help enough just to make the borders darker.

Thanks for this explanation.

I've noticed, too, that different monitors tend to display color a bit differently, and that my own monitor displays differently depending on the angle I'm looking it at -- perhaps that's why it bothers some people more than others, too -- I can see a huge difference in the display while I'm typing this by moving my head just a few inches. Plus the lighting in the environment around the screen would also have an effect.

Edited to add -- I'm not suggesting people make this format work better by moving their heads. I'd get a crick in my neck if I tried that!

Thanks for this explanation.

I've noticed, too, that different monitors tend to display color a bit differently, and that my own monitor displays differently depending on the angle I'm looking it at -- perhaps that's why it bothers some people more than others, too -- I can see a huge difference in the display while I'm typing this by moving my head just a few inches. Plus the lighting in the environment around the screen would also have an effect.

Edited to add -- I'm not suggesting people make this format work better by moving their heads. I'd get a crick in my neck if I tried that!

You can also adjust your monitor to be dimmer while on this site. Mine is already dimmer than normal as I have light-sensitive eyes, but this new one is still hard to look at for a while.