Menu

Content I follow

Jayne J

As I understand it, Content I Follow is the same as the old Subscribed threads. I found all of my old subscribed threads, but the new thread I wanted to follow is not showing up. I show up on the list of followers on the thread itself, but it does not show up in my Content list. Am I doing something wrong?

As a test, I followed your post and then before posting, checked my drop down menu.

There are two content items in the drop down list. One says "My Content," you are correct that following a thread does not appear in that, but it does appear in the "Content | Follow" list.

Interestingly enough, I have found that if I follow an older thread, from before the change, it appears in my Content I Follow list, even if I added it after the change, but new threads that started on this new board don't appear in the Content I Follow list. Hmmmm

You can change the settings under your profile as to how/when you want notifications.

I'm still not understanding the difference between "My Content" and "Content I follow"

I've been there and have everything set to notify me, but I'm still only getting notifications when someone quotes me or likes my post. Last week I was getting notifications when someone replied to a topic I replied to (like subscriptions did on the old board.)

I think "my content" is what you have posted, and "content I follow" is like subscriptions from the old board.

ETA: I think I've found the problem. "Auto follow topics I reply to" was set to offline. I was messing around the other day and didn't realize I had to scroll to the bottom of the page and save my changes. I've set it back to "Immediate." Hopefully that fixes it.