Menu

Girl Name Finalists (vote inside)

tntgoodwin

Girl Names  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like best for us?

• Charlotte JoAnne - not Joanne (too easy to mispronounce as Joan)
    • Charlotte Jane
    • Charlotte Jubilee - emphasis on the last syllable
    • Charlotte Justice
    • Charlotte Jillian
    • Charlotte Janae
    • Charlotte J'Aimais

I chose Charlotte Jane.

Charlotte JoAnne sounds like two first names to me. (I don't know why; it just does!)

Charlotte Jubilee sounds like a dessert food, or like she's celebrating her 100th birthday with a really big festival.

Charlotte Justice sounds contrived, and also sounds like the name of a city office building or a TLC reality series.

Not that I have strong opinions about this or anything. :rolleyes:

I think Charlotte Jane sounds very pretty.

I chose Charlotte Jane.

Charlotte JoAnne sounds like two first names to me. (I don't know why; it just does!)

Charlotte Jubilee sounds like a dessert food, or like she's celebrating her 100th birthday with a really big festival.

Charlotte Justice sounds contrived, and also sounds like the name of a city office building or a TLC reality series.

:iagree:

I was going to "Like" Cat's post, but it looks like I have met my quota for the day (side question...have we figured out what this quota is yet?). I definitely think that Charlotte Jane sounds the best. The others sound a bit made up to me (especially Charlotte Jubilee!). I actually think that Charlotte Jane is a very pretty name...very sweet sounding. :)

I chose Charlotte Jane.

:iagree:

Plus, if you were to spell it JoAnne, people would NEVER get that.

I chose Charlotte Jane.

:iagree: What she said - all of it. I love Charlotte Jane.

Voted for Charlotte Jane based on your last name. And Jane is a lovely name anyway.

I really like Joanne but not with the capital A. I've never heard of issues with saying it as "Joan" when spelled as "Joanne" but if it is a problem in your area, then I guess it could help. It just doesn't look right to me, but it's your baby! Jillian is nice but, for me, it didn't sound as nice with your last name as Jane did. Congrats on another baby girl!

I like Charlotte Jane with your last name. I like Charlotte Jillian with a last name that doesn't end with an n sound. So I guess if she married a Smith, I would like Charlotte Jillian. Of course, this is assuming that the name in your user name is indeed your last name.

I say this as someone whose middle name maiden and married last names all end in an n sound. I can't get rid of it.

If you must capitalize that darn A in JoAnne :laugh: , I say Charlotte JoAnne. (Just teasing.) For what it's worth, I don't think people would mispronounce Joanne as "Joan" nearly as much as they would if there was no "e" on the end. Joann would definitely be mispronounced a lot, but I don't think Joanne would be. Although, you will get people mispronouncing almost any name. My daughter's name is "Noelle" and people have called her the boy's name Noel as in ("Nole"). :confused1:

As a JoAnne, I can assure you... people STILL mispronounce it as Joan, and you have the added benefit that you can never find a properly spelled prefab keychain from "Insert Tourist Trap here."

Other than San Francisco. Ghirardelli chocolates has a mug with "JoAnne." My mom bought me one...twice. (The second to replace the first when it broke during a move.)

Also, I got to the point where I would start spelling it "Joanne" on papers because I got tired of having to correct my teachers. If you are homeschooling all the way, this won't be a problem of course. ;)

I chose "Charlotte Janae" -- I like the sound of "Charlotte Jane" too, but it seems to limit the scope of her options, if she ever wants to go by a 2nd name because she doesn't like the feel of her first name. The 'feel' of both Charlotte and Jane are both 'pioneer girl' to me: not in a bad way, but in a nostalgic and lovely way. But what's nostalgic and lovely might not suit the person this child becomes... so I'd love it if her two names didn't both have that feel. I don't think 'Janae' feels nostalgic and lovely in the pioneer way, like Jane does.

• 2 weeks later...

I chose "Charlotte Janae" -- I like the sound of "Charlotte Jane" too, but it seems to limit the scope of her options, if she ever wants to go by a 2nd name because she doesn't like the feel of her first name. The 'feel' of both Charlotte and Jane are both 'pioneer girl' to me: not in a bad way, but in a nostalgic and lovely way. But what's nostalgic and lovely might not suit the person this child becomes... so I'd love it if her two names didn't both have that feel. I don't think 'Janae' feels nostalgic and lovely in the pioneer way, like Jane does.

That is such a sensible, reasoned post! I like Janae, too (and not just because it has already been declared the winner :)).

Just to be difficult, I'll add that I'd also have considered Josette. Maybe a little weird to have both names end in "tte," but one seems shwaed (that is so a word!) and the other doesn't.

I think Charlotte Janae sounds very cool -- it wasn't an option when I voted in the poll! :)

I agree that it's a nice combination of traditional and modern.

No one will be able to spell Janae, and if people see her full name in print, they will probably assume that Janae is a typo and it's supposed to be Jane, but it really doesn't matter because she'll hardly ever have to give anyone her middle name anyway.

But if she goes on to be a supermodel or something and decides that Charlotte is too old-fashioned, Janae is very catchy and memorable, so she has the best of both worlds in terms of her two names.

I think Charlotte Janae sounds very cool -- it wasn't an option when I voted in the poll! :)

I agree that it's a nice combination of traditional and modern.

No one will be able to spell Janae, and if people see her full name in print, they will probably assume that Janae is a typo and it's supposed to be Jane, but it really doesn't matter because she'll hardly ever have to give anyone her middle name anyway.

But if she goes on to be a supermodel or something and decides that Charlotte is too old-fashioned, Janae is very catchy and memorable, so she has the best of both worlds in terms of her two names.

You can change your vote! :)

I chose Charlotte Jane.

:lol:

Of course, all of this is without knowing your last name or the syllabication etc.... For me, that makes a big difference w/ middle names. :)

Charlotte Janae vote here...I love that its a combination of more traditional yet modern names- very unique & beautiful

Sorry to buck the masses, but Charlotte Jane sounds a bit too plain. :p

I think we are going to go with Charlotte Janae

We like Jane, but the downsides are:

1. Too close to "Jade"

2. Two "older" sounding names

3. Maybe too popular?

Woohoo- I love it!!!!! (I voted/replied before I saw that you had already decided- voted Janae)

I think we are going to go with Charlotte Janae

We like Jane, but the downsides are:

1. Too close to "Jade"

2. Two "older" sounding names

3. Maybe too popular?

I voted before I saw this, and I voted for Charlotte Janae. :) Very pretty! I was going to say that my other pick would be Charlotte JoAnne, but I guess it's a moot point!