Menu

I think my house is really clean...

until I actually start cleaning it. :o Then I feel like a terrible housekeeper.

How often do you clean above your cabinets? Under your fridge? Inside kitchen cabinets? And all the rest of the places that don't get done routinely. Or am I supposed to be doing those things routinely too?

until I actually start cleaning it. :o Then I feel like a terrible housekeeper.

How often do you clean above your cabinets? Under your fridge? Inside kitchen cabinets? And all the rest of the places that don't get done routinely. Or am I supposed to be doing those things routinely too?

I'm supposed to clean under my fridge and inside the cabinets?? :svengo:

LOL!

Um...my cabinet tops have not been cleaned in 3 years, so you are likely doing better than me there. :) I only clean under the fridge once a year and inside my cabinets twice a year. My fridge scratches my tile, so we do not move it much, and the cabinet doors are closed, so how dirty can they get?. ;)

I only clean the exterior of my windows once a year.

Wow, I am a terrible housekeeper. :( If the bathrooms are cleaned weekly and the kitchen counters and sink are cleaned daily, then I feel good.

Top of the cabinets is ceiling. So, never.

Under the fridge and stove? Once every month or so? But, I can see under my stove, so I know when it's bad!!! As long as we're pulling out the stove, we might as well pull the fridge out - right?

Inside kitchen cabinets - twice a year or so? That's as often as I get the purging urge and go through EVERYTHING!!!!

I think my real problem is once I start cleaning I find dirt in all sorts of visible places that I really thought were clean. My vision isn't very good, and I wonder how much of this dirt is obvious to people who can actually see! I know my guests aren't going to be looking at the top of my cabinets, but the little nooks and crannies all over my kitchen... :eek:

I have a lot of work to do.

DS is supposed to wipe down the baseboards on cleaning day. We have a dog that sheds a lot and th hair all sticks to them for some reason. Anyway, I sat down with him to help and got to looking at my walls. Holy guacamole! About waist high there is a grey streak where we all apparently rub our hands on the walls. And the doorframes at that level! Horrifying! I had never noticed before, but I have a huge pile of magic erasers for cleaning day tomorrow! The kids are going to love me!

Under the fridge and stove only get cleaned when we move.