Menu

How do we do a "search" on this board?

Hot Lava Mama

Having the same problem here. Very frustrated. All I see are my five recent posts. I have searched for a recent post I wanted to update (a thank you to Rosie). I even searched Education Unboxed and Rosie with no success. In fact, Rosie and Education Unboxed has hardly any posts, it would seem. Am I doing something wrong?

ETA: My posts are not in my content, but I did find them while doing the advanced search.

I just tried looking up my username to find a post I posted yesterday. Nothing came up. I did eventually find my post after searching a few pages on the forum, but was wondering if I did something wrong on the search....

Click on the gear beside the search box. Make sure you are searching the forums (as opposed to the member list or something), put the username in the search by author box. That should bring up all of the threads you have posted in or bring up all of your posts, depending on the button that is selected (threads versus posts).

Where is the option in the user profile that used to bring up all posts by that user and all threads started by that user? Is this function no longer available?

ETA: OK, so I found the option (much more inconvenient than it was previously!) - but get hardly any results. Why do i get only 3 hits for a user with several thousand posts???

Where is the option in the user profile that used to bring up all posts by that user and all threads started by that user? Is this function no longer available??

I have been wondering that as well. When looking at a user profile, there is a tab labeled "Topics" and one labeled "Posts". It does bring up posts and threads by that user, but not all of them. For example, I clicked on your profile and under those tabs there are five Posts and no Topics. Clearly, you have many more posts and topics than that. How do we access them?