Menu

Thinking of Notgrass Govt; already have SL 400

The more I look over this SL 400 (it's the Civics/Govt. "basic" from 2001), the more I think it's too much and looks boring. It took me awhile to accumulate everything I'd need, so I'm kind of frustrated thinking of not using it. Notgrass looks so much better now that I'm looking at the SL study guide. I never do very well making them discuss the questions with me. They pretty much just read the books without even looking at the notes.

So, I'm thinking the (Not)grass is greener. You know? Has anyone else felt this way?

The more I look over this SL 400 (it's the Civics/Govt. "basic" from 2001), the more I think it's too much and looks boring. It took me awhile to accumulate everything I'd need, so I'm kind of frustrated thinking of not using it. Notgrass looks so much better now that I'm looking at the SL study guide. I never do very well making them discuss the questions with me. They pretty much just read the books without even looking at the notes.

So, I'm thinking the (Not)grass is greener. You know? Has anyone else felt this way?

I actually have been in the same boat. I purchased Core 400 and switched to Notgrass.

I personally don't think the Government portion looks boring...it just seemed quite intense and time-consuming. If our situation were different, (i.e., we didn't have so many other difficult subjects to cover and other important activities demanding attention) I would maybe make a go of it.

But I do agree that it is definitely designed to be discussed. And again, as I don't feel I have adequate time to devote to that, I opted for Notgrass.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in reconsidering it after purchase.:)

Sorry, I don't think it would be boring, but I know my kids, and I think they need something a little lighter. I just don't have the time or concentration levels required to absorb all this right now. I have 6 kids, with 3 day care kids. Plus, it looks like it would take a full year, and they already have a US History credit.

However, even if we go with Notgrass I don't think I would want to sell the SL books because they look so good. I do dream of reading them someday. Maybe I'll wake up.

Sorry, I don't think it would be boring, but I know my kids, and I think they need something a little lighter. I just don't have the time or concentration levels required to absorb all this right now. I have 6 kids, with 3 day care kids. Plus, it looks like it would take a full year, and they already have a US History credit.

However, even if we go with Notgrass I don't think I would want to sell the SL books because they look so good. I do dream of reading them someday. Maybe I'll wake up.

Oh, that's okay. I didn't mean to sound as though I had a problem with anyone thinking it looked boring. I was just clarifying how I felt about it.

And I agree that you do know your kids--better than anyone--so I encourage you to go with your gut on this. You definitely have a full plate. (We have six also, but no additional day care kids, so I'm sure that must be a challenge.) I can completely understand what you are saying about "time and concentration levels". That's kinda what I was trying to get across. I felt disappointed to decide against Core 400 because I had really looked forward to it, but when the time came, it just didn't fit.

Bless you as you decide!