Menu

If you had a magic wand and could complete house projects/school planning/cleaning/etc, what would you finish TODAY?

The title says it all. I have a bazillion projects up in the air. They all have me paralyzed because I don't even know where to start and many of them can't be accomplished in one day....or without help from DH, who works all. the. time.

Sooooooo, for fun, if I had a magic wand and could making things happen today I would

*Install the stacks of laminate flooring that is currently being used as baby gates (oy!)

* Finish ALL of the laundry

*organize and clean my kitchen

*re do the parquet floors in the bedrooms

*buy new comforter sets for the boys beds

*buy ALL new furniture and have it here NOW

*rehome one of our dogs (long story)

*clean out the garage

*fix up the back yard and have it beautifully landscaped

*Send the kids to grandma's house and make my husband a romantic dinner for just the two of us, with the fireplace going, soft music playing and a perfectly fitting little black dress on a smaller sized me ;)

Lets start with the top of the house and move down

Girls' room - built in bookshelf, expand their bathroom, replace the wood on their balcony with trek, put a upright washer and dryer in their bathroom.

Hallway - make the hallway built in bookcase into a linen closet

Whole upstairs - replace the cracking pergo for real wood

Stairs - replace the carpet for wood and replace the overly painted white rod iron for new rails

Under stairs - put in storage drawers

Kitchen (where to begin) - move the stove (why you would put a stove near an entrance is beyond me :glare: ), make one wall just storage, replace sink for a large/deep sink, replace the pergo floor for the tile that matches the rest of the house, replace the cracked counter top

Whole downstairs - fix the tile so that it is one level and lined up.

Punch out the dining room so that we can add an additional bedroom for in-laws

Put a shower in the downstairs bathroom so in-laws have a shower

Convert garage to office for dh so he can quit his job

Outside

Level backyard and plant fruit trees, grapes, berries and have them produce fruit next year

Have tortoise area already done

Have 1 type of grass in the front yard

I know it is a lot, but we are starting to tackle it little by little - maybe we will be done by the time we move :laugh:

- Reorganize and declutter the attic

- Wrap Christmas gifts (I hate doing that!)

- Organize all of our daily homeschool things

- Declutter my counter tops

- Double the size of the playroom

- Have only clothes in my house that look good on each individual and fit everyone properly

- Organize our storage closet

- Redo the laundry room

- Oh and I'd like to add tile and new counter tops in the bathrooms and kitchen

- Paint the kitchen cabinets

- Install a backsplash in kitchen

- Put new flooring in the living room and bedrooms. I would prefer wood, but DH doesn't like it so it would probably be carpet.

- Paint cabinets and walls in master bath

- Buy new kitchen appliances

- Get and instal a new shower door in the master bath

- List and sell our house in one day so we can move (HA!)

-Clean out and organize the garage.

-Cut apart the big pine tree leaning over the house and propped up against the swing set (still from Sandy).

-Finish reorganizing my paperback books into nicely decorated boxes.

-Finish planning the next few months of school.

-Reorganize a set of drawers holding miscellaneous junk in my daughters' room.

-Deep clean the entire house, including steam cleaning all the carpets, scrubbing the kitchen floor and sterilizing the bathroom floor (boys!).

I just finished doing laundry for the week so I guess that's off the list.

I would have our entire bedroom and all its junk and clothes decluttered, packed and moved.

And I would magically complete the process of buying the house and property we really really really want.

All overnight, so DH wasn't living in an extended stay hotel for weeks while DS and I were here and me trying to pack everything myself!

I would have our entire bedroom and all its junk and clothes decluttered, packed and moved.

And I would magically complete the process of buying the house and property we really really really want.

All overnight, so DH wasn't living in an extended stay hotel for weeks while DS and I were here and me trying to pack everything myself!

I have a bazillion projects up in the air. They all have me paralyzed because I don't even know where to start and many of them can't be accomplished in one day....or without help from DH, who works all. the. time.

This is my life too. There's so much to do and I get so overwhelmed..... so I just end up on facebook. LOL!

How fun! First I would wave the wand and have my house inside and out ready to go on the market. I mean ready, ready, sell today, ready! Then, I would magically transport us to our land and wave the wand for our new house built just the way we always dreamed. Of course at this point I would magically furnish and decorate the house making sure we had adequate storage and that everything was neat and organized and people would always comment on what a charming, comfortable home we had. Can the magic house make my kids all charming and polite and well behaved? Sigh, I love the magic wand.

In reality I would use the magic wand to clean up my bedroom, bathroom, and closet. Those are the three projects I never seem to get to. :)

Get the trim on the 2nd floor finished.

Sand, paint trim for basement and get it up.

Level and paper bag basement floor.

Finish closets on 2nd floor and get doors on them.

Finish sanding, staining living room stairs and get trim, rails re-done.

Finish mudding attic and make it a room. -paint walls and floor.

Finish crate stairs going to the basement.

Paint stair going to the attic.

Re-layout the garden. Fence it. Landscape it.

Get posts and fences out of all pastures and barnyard area to make it easier to hay.

Burn 1/2 down chicken shed.

Cut, drywall, finish built in bookshelves in upstairs bedrooms.

Get mirrors in bathrooms, shelves up and light fixtures installed.

Finish painting living room.

That's the main list for the house- there's more. Oh, how I would love to have it done.

And I would get a Latin tutor.

- Catch up on all the laundry

- Clean and declutter the entire house

- Add flooring to the attic to make it usable

- Paint the interior walls of the house

- Install hardwood flooring throughout the house

- Straighten up the bookshelves

- Organize the DVDs

- Grade all the school work

- Finish my lesson plans for next semester

- Create an algebra test so I don't have to do it

Forgot one.

- Decorate for the holidays b/c if I don't have a magic wand, it's not getting done.

I really need that magic want. I hate doing house projects.

We have a whole list of things that need to be done here.

House painted

Master bath remodel (very small bathroom)

kitchen remodel/flooring

Flooring in the rest of the house

Electrical redone including running computer cables to different rooms

Go through all kids clothes

Pretty much everything needs tobe cleaned

That should do it for awhile!

With my magic wand, I would sprinkle myself and these kids (especially the two teen boys!) with lots of inspiration and motivation.

There. Now I can save myself from getting carpal tunnel from typing out the list of projects. They'll just see something and be inspired to do it or help me do it.

School will be a breeze, dinner will be awesome every day...

I would have every last box out of my apartment and it's prior contents put away in an organized fashion. We moved mid-JUNE for crying out loud. And half our dining room is still a wall of boxes. It must be taken care of soon or we won't be having a Christmas tree. That spot is the only place it can go.

Beyond that, just all the general mess and clutter taken care of. I know all of that would be easier to deal with if we were truly moved in. Many areas are not really properly unpacked.

weed the driveway (actually, while we're being unrealistic, remove ALL plants and seal the whole thing)

paint the house (outside)

remove building waste remaining

build a deck

tidy gardens / finish landscaping / build fences / remove all green waste

Finish repairing and painting (inside)

Finish carpeting

sand and polish hall floor

print photos / frame and hang them

deep clean entire house

sort / declutter / donate / sell contents of spare room and garage

sort library

sort school room

can they bring me some sleep too?

get the office organized, which means building the cubbies for it.

reorganize the kitchen. it was remodeled 10 months ago and there are areas of high use which were NOT organized right.

go through ALL homeschool books I've accumulated over the past 14 years. Box up the ones to sell.

finish painting the upstairs office.

paint the spare bedroom.

get rid of 50% of the basement items.

Get rid of 20% of the garage items.

I want to buy new clothing but hope to lose 25 lbs. If I lose the weight, I want to get rid of a lot of my current clothing and replace with newer/nicer clothing. My tastes have matured and I only like total casual clothing for at home.

go through all Christmas decorations and finally get rid of the stuff I never use.

I'm sad that I can't wave my imaginary magic wand and fix all of your stuff...but it does comfort me a little knowing that I'm not the only one who is overwhelmed by the amount of "projects" that are waiting to be started/finished.

Misery loves company.

There's a reason I took the wishing for more wishes approach instead of listing projects. It would probably crash the server--and my house does not look that bad. It's just everything from replacing a too small water heater to hanging pictures.

This morning my internet wasn't working and I was the only one up and thinking about this thread, I did make a list in a notebook. I'm up to four pages (small notebook) and over 50 items and I still have the kid's bath, master bedroom and bath to go. We're planning to totally redo both of those rooms in the spring.

Oh, and all five bedrooms need closets redone, painting or touching up done, a bit of furniture replaced (Kids grow! :willy_nilly: ) etc. Didn't get to any of those yet either. I was getting writer's cramp. :tongue_smilie:

And let's not even talk about the basement... :svengo:

Oh, if I could have any project completed today, it would be me :) I would have a great low maintenance haircut and highlights, have lost 10 lbs and be perfectly toned, have a new outfit, and a perfect manicure that won't chip.

As for all of those house projects: We are slowly working on them, so I am seeing progress w/daily attention. I am ok w/that. But wave that magic wand over me please!

The title says it all. I have a bazillion projects up in the air. They all have me paralyzed because I don't even know where to start and many of them can't be accomplished in one day....or without help from DH, who works all. the. time.

Sooooooo, for fun, if I had a magic wand and could making things happen today I would

*Install the stacks of laminate flooring that is currently being used as baby gates (oy!)

* Finish ALL of the laundry

*organize and clean my kitchen

*re do the parquet floors in the bedrooms

*buy new comforter sets for the boys beds

*buy ALL new furniture and have it here NOW

*rehome one of our dogs (long story)

*clean out the garage

*fix up the back yard and have it beautifully landscaped

*Send the kids to grandma's house and make my husband a romantic dinner for just the two of us, with the fireplace going, soft music playing and a perfectly fitting little black dress on a smaller sized me ;)

In addition to what I bolded above, I would:

declutter the entire house

organize the storage room

clean out my closet

send the piles of cleaned-out stuff to Salvation Army

have all my lesson plans finished for the rest of the school year, with all copies ready to go