Menu

Name Changes

In the Rain

Yes, name changes have added!

Here is how you can change your username.

1. Click on your username in the upper right hand side of the screen (near the sign out button).

2. A dropdown will appear and click "My Profile"

3. On the right side of your profile there is a large black button titled "Edit my Profile", click this.

4. On the left hand side you will see a tab called "Display Name" ! Hooraay!

Something to note:

After name changes, you will have a link on your profile page that is called "Display Name History". This will show a history of your name changes.

I am sorry but this cannot be removed.

Good luck and have fun! Don't go crazy with the name changes or none of your community friends will know who you are!

-John

I'm not seeing it in my settings *cry*

Possible hint:

Mrs Spaghetti mentionned a name change, and sure enough it shows in her history. (it seems she got married as she went from Miss Spaghetti to Mrs Spaghetti).

However her account was created yesterday, on the new boards. Those of us with accounts that got ported over don't seem to have the option.

Possible hint:

Mrs Spaghetti mentionned a name change, and sure enough it shows in her history. (it seems she got married as she went from Miss Spaghetti to Mrs Spaghetti).

However her account was created yesterday, on the new boards. Those of us with accounts that got ported over don't seem to have the option.

Hmm...that makes me want to get myself a shiny, new, duplicate account... ;)

Possible hint:

Good find!!

Exactly. I've disliked my name for ages....but if I change it nobody will know that it's me. Like right now....I have no idea who you were (I have to go check). :leaving:

Awww, I love your name. I was born in April, and I always wished I had gotten married in May, and AprilMay just makes me think of springtime and flowers and happiness.

Awww, I love your name. I was born in April, and I always wished I had gotten married in May, and AprilMay just makes me think of springtime and flowers and happiness.

Well, in that case....I'll keep it just for you. Actually, I'll probably keep it only because I can't think of anything else. :001_smile:

I like your new name. :boxing_smiley:

But, aha, we know you usually post in purple, so we'll know it's you!

Well, that's true Gail. But with one correction. I *always*....not usually...I *always* post in purple. ;)

Hmmmm.....now my wheels are turning. Purple People Eater....no too barbaric. Peculiar Purple Pieman....I am peculiar....but I'm not a man so that won't really work. Hmmm....... Nope, I got nuthin'.

Sorry if this has been addressed and I missed it....

What happens if you can remember the original board name and search that person - but their name has changed - what will come up in the searches?

Also - what if a someone decides they want a name that someone else used to have - will it be allowed? Seems like if it is, there could be lots of confusion...

Joan

First the board changes...now y'all are changing names. I'm too old for this :crying: ::flounce::.

If the avatar is the same it's not that hard to figure out. But I am feeling a little lost. Where is everyone? Why are so many people changing names? Is it the whole FB thing? I just don't get it. I feel late to a big event and am trying to catch up! :glare:

I changed mine because it gave away my real name and location. This was the first opportunity that I knew of to change it. Putting my old name in my sig would sort of defeat the purpose of changing it. Change is tough though, eh?

Don't know what to say about the possibility that someone could take on someone else's former board identity. That would be super confusing for sure.

You do know, though, that we can go to your profile and see your original name under 'display name history'? I'm confused why anyone is changing their user name because they want to be more private. The way it's set up right now it's not offering any privacy because we can still see your old name.

You do know, though, that we can go to your profile and see your original name under 'display name history'? I'm confused why anyone is changing their user name because they want to be more private. The way it's set up right now it's not offering any privacy because we can still see your old name.

Possibly because it might take more effort. If it's the current username, people could do searches by username to find posts. If it's in their profile history, people would have to click and click and click each user to see what their former names were. Some stalkers obviously might be motivated to do that, some might not.

Exactly. I've disliked my name for ages....but if I change it nobody will know that it's me. Like right now....I have no idea who you were (I have to go check). :leaving:

I've probably told you this before, but I love your username. I always wanted to name a daughter April Mae but my husband wouldn't go for it. I love the name April, and my mom's middle name is Mae. :)

I've probably told you this before, but I love your username. I always wanted to name a daughter April Mae but my husband wouldn't go for it. I love the name April, and my mom's middle name is Mae. :)

You might have told me that in the past.....I know somebody did. :001_smile: I won't change it because I think too many people know me by this name (although, I have had some tiffs on the general board that I'd like to put behind me :001_rolleyes: ). Too bad your hubby didn't go for the name April Mae. Not only adorable....but special meaning for you too.

Personally, I disliked my old username for some time. I've been wanting to change it for months, but I wasn't sure how to go about doing it. With the changeover, I could change it easily.

Also, members must be signed on to view signatures and user profiles. Not that it's hard to register...but it does give a little bit of privacy from people who stumble across this website.