Menu

Mouse-over of thread titles

Rivka

What's the previewy thing?

I have super missed the hover. I had no idea I was using it so much.

On the forum list, to the right of the thread title is a pull down arrow that shows the start of the first post. I think it's so if you're browsing on a mobile device, you get the hover functionality.

It may speed up once the server gets moving faster, but intially it was as slow as opening the page (if it even loaded).

My DH got tired of me moaning and wrote a little fix for me - it only works in Chrome at the moment, but he said if you want him to he can look at doing it for firefox too. It's not as good as the old hover mode, but it's better than nothing.

If you download https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2_Hn_5YNavcNkpnNmRtcWVheFU

and then click the wrench on the right hand side of the chrome screen, open tools, then extensions, and drag the file into there - enable it and you'll have a kind of hover feature back.

The hover feature helps a lot! Thank you very much. I especially like the little button on the bottom that allows you to go directly to the new posts. It is rather nice seeing both the original post and another one, also. (I am getting two of the original, but I assume that is fairly easy to fix and I'd much rather have double than none.)

Thank you!

Nan

It is rather nice seeing both the original post and another one, also. (I am getting two of the original, but I assume that is fairly easy to fix and I'd much rather have double than none.)

It looks like that on threads that I haven't clicked on/read before, I get two of the original post & the most recent post. However, for threads I've already read (seen some posts of), I get the original post, the first NEW post (that I haven't read yet), and the most recent post (which is sometimes the same as first new).

Pretty neat stuff.

It looks like that on threads that I haven't clicked on/read before, I get two of the original post & the most recent post. However, for threads I've already read (seen some posts of), I get the original post, the first NEW post (that I haven't read yet), and the most recent post (which is sometimes the same as first new).

Pretty neat stuff.

:-(. That's what I was seeing on my iPad and now it's gone.

Pretty neat stuff.

Oh how very cool!

Thank you! I was a little put out with the changes here at first but frankly, it's now better then the old boards and still getting better everyday.

Yep. I'm really liking the new features that are gradually trickling in.

:hurray:

This new hover feature is 3x better than the old one. The old one gave you just the first few lines of a post.

Loving all the new features, and THANK YOU John for all your patience and hard work. :thumbup1: