Menu

Mouse-over of thread titles

Rivka

On the old forums, if you moused over a thread title you could see a brief preview of the beginning of the text. That was really helpful for deciding whether or not a thread with a cryptic or vague title was something I wanted to read. Can we get that back, please?

On the old forums, if you moused over a thread title you could see a brief preview of the beginning of the text. That was really helpful for deciding whether or not a thread with a cryptic or vague title was something I wanted to read. Can we get that back, please?

I agree. A very useful feature — please bring it back.

Erica in OR

If you go about 3/4 of an inch from the thread title (actually it depends on the board -- on this board it is in the middle) there is a down arrow. You can preview the thread without clicking on the whole thread.

Due to the speed issues today sometimes it hasn't worked but it has worked a few times.

HTH

If you go about 3/4 of an inch from the thread title there is a down arrow. You can preview the thread without clicking on the whole thread.

Due to the speed issues today sometimes it hasn't worked but it has worked a few times.

HTH

Not the same thing, IMO. You still have to click it to preview and then click it again to open the thread or close it. With the mouse-over feature, you simple hover over the title to get the preview. I would love that feature back. Please? :wub:

If you go about 3/4 of an inch from the thread title there is a down arrow. You can preview the thread without clicking on the whole thread.

HTH

Good to know, thanks! And, it looks like you have to click on the arrow for that to work.

:iagree: That was such a great feature that made this site stand out among other homeschool forums. It saves a ton of time and without it.....I'll be disappointed for sure. :crying:

:iagree: I really miss the hover feature. Clicking on the preview thing takes way too much time.

okay so I really like the preview thingie. I love seeing the first and last post like that. That could potentially be helpful when threads (topics?) get big and you want to see at a glance how the conversation progressed. But yes I agree with everyone else. I love that hover feature. Especially useful if buying something on the sale and swap board.

I like this as well, especially with a slow internet connection.

:iagree: I really miss the hover feature. Clicking on the preview thing takes way too much time.

:iagree:

I've left other boards because it's too inefficient to read threads without the hover feature. Imho, it's crucial, or else it's not worth my time.

I'd like the hover back, too. For the sake of my own efficiency I click on "new posts" and then use the hover feature to go through the threads. On a board this big it really helps me be more involved.

I haven't been able to get the arrow to work to see if it's a suitable substitute.

Also - THANK YOU ALL for working so hard on the boards this weekend. I have a general idea of how hard it is on y'all to get this up and running and then do all the tweaking to make things run smoothly.

I think the new preview feature is an attempt to get a hover-type feature on an ipad. There were numerous requests to be able to hover on a tablet, this new feature allows tablet users to preview the post since the hover function was unavailable on a tablet. I appreciate that they've listened to these requests and are trying this new preview feature. The best of both worlds would combine the hover for mouse users and the preview for tablet users. That may be asking too much!!

And I also miss the hybrid mode that allowed me to quickly scan through the responses to navigate my way to ones that a particularly wanted to read without reading through many pages of responses.

Please