Menu

Using Numbers {mac computer} How to..

I'm still learning my way around numbers, mostly by trial & error. I've managed to figure out everything I've needed but I'm having a doozy of a time figuring out how to copy & paste an entire "page".

I've made a planner in numbers. It has tables, shapes, text, etc. all on one page. I want to cut & paste all of that, but when I do it seems to grab either the tables or the crazy shapes not both. It's really frustrating me! Can anyone help?

Let's say you have a single sheet (called SheetX) containing a single table (called TableX). Both appear as little rectanges under the "Sheets" column. I will note it like this: SheetX/TableX.

SheetX
  • TableX

If you want to replicate TableX within SheetX, make sure nothing on the whole page is highlighted. Then click Edit > Duplicate. You will see a new TableX-1 appear directly below the old Table1. So now SheetX contains two tables. It will look like this: SheetX/TableX, TableX-1.

SheetX
  • TableX
  • TableX-1

If you want to replicate the entire SheetX and TableX already inside it, make sure to highlight/click SheetX and a yellow border will appear around SheetX and TableX. Then click Edit > Duplicate. You will get "SheetX-1" with a replicant TableX already embedded. So now you have

SheetX
  • Table X

SheetX-1
  • TableX

I'm guessing you want to do the latter of the two. (ie the one immediately above)