Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OtherJohn

SOCIAL GROUPS

If you go to the group, click on members, then scroll down to your name, it should say "edit member" click that and you should be able to delete yourself.

Is there be any way to move the content from the temporary Social Group threads on the chat board, over to the actual social groups?

I think so, lease cut and paste the link of the temp and what group to put it in and I will give it a try.

If you go to the group, click on members, then scroll down to your name, it should say "edit member" click that and you should be able to delete yourself.

Not all the members are displayed, so I can't find myself.

(How's that for soul searching? ;) )

For example, in the Following Charlotte group I can only see a few members and there is no place to scroll down--unless I'm missing something.

(Probability of me missing something?--high ;) )

Not all the members are displayed, so I can't find myself.

(How's that for soul searching? ;) )

For example, in the Following Charlotte group I can only see a few members and there is no place to scroll down--unless I'm missing something.

(Probability of me missing something?--high ;) )

When you click onto the Members page, there's a little button that says "More Search Options"

I couldn't get it to work when I tried to put in H as a search option, but it worked when I reset the number of members per page to 60 -- it made it all the way down to you.

It seems like there's something I'm missing, too, though, since that still limits me to seeing only the first 60. But maybe that's because I'm not a member of the group.

When you click onto the Members page, there's a little button that says "More Search Options"

I couldn't get it to work when I tried to put in H as a search option, but it worked when I reset the number of members per page to 60 -- it made it all the way down to you.

It seems like there's something I'm missing, too, though, since that still limits me to seeing only the first 60. But maybe that's because I'm not a member of the group.

Thanks!

After I removed myself I was able to see all the members. Hmm. . .

I have the same question as FairProspects. I don't like having my groups listed. If we want a private group all anyone has to do is click on groups listed under our avatar and they are brought there and can read whatever we post. If they don't have that it's still not 100% private, but they would need to know the exact link to get there (adding at least that layer for privacy).

Hopefully I'm making sense!

Other John,

Is there a way to put the group discussion page right on the home page so members can see the topics right away? Or will we always have to click the "Group Discussion" link? When we're on the home page it looks like there is no discussion.

Thanks so much for getting them back. I do have a few questions though. I think we are all having access to things that only the group owner normally gets, which is not good. And I am not crazy about having all my social groups displayed in every post on the regular boards. Is there any way to fix that?

Yes in all my groups I have access to things that only the group owner should be able to have access. I was even able to un-ban myself after a group admin accidentally banned me while trying to approve me for the group.

I also don't like the social groups being displayed under our avatar.

Yes in all my groups I have access to things that only the group owner should be able to have access. I was even able to un-ban myself after a group admin accidentally banned me while trying to approve me for the group.

I also don't like the social groups being displayed under our avatar.

I know! I feel like I'm walking around wearing a sign that gives very personal information. "Hi. I'm Amy. I like Doctor Who, I'm Catholic, I enjoy running but mainly to lose weight, and I love cooking in my crockpot. I'd like to be a writer. I have a small business. I also like long walks on the beach and candlelight dinners (particularly fixed in the crockpot)". :huh:

There are a few groups I want to join but will wait until we get the display things worked out.

I just posted in a social group I am not yet a member of. Am I supposed to be able to do that??? I actually assumed it wouldn't let me. I'm so confused....off to read the rest of this thread, which I should have done in the first place.

BTW - I am hesitant to join with them being displayed as well. I'm not a fan of that. I know I'm new, but that is my 2 cents. :)

I can't figure out why my "group discussion" post didn't show up in "latest posts"?

Please forgive me, I am kind of a newbie compared to a lot of you!

When social groups are posting, they are showing up if I click to view new content. Even hidden ones that I am not a member of. Seems to defeat the purpose of being private.

When social groups are posting, they are showing up if I click to view new content. Even hidden ones that I am not a member of. Seems to defeat the purpose of being private.

Yeah, I just clicked on a social group post that was in new content (not realizing what it was) and then stupidly read something I really, really wish I hadn't.

Georgia

I am trying to do this, but I am getting Driver Error/Database Errors. I also don't like all of my groups showing, especially since most of them are no longer relevant. (OCD and all....)

ok, how do I turn off the list of social groups under my name in my posts?

and how do I leave a group if I no longer want to be in it?

There's a thread on the Chat board that details how to leave a group. I don't think it's possible to have the listing removed at this point other than leaving the groups.

I was a little unpleasantly surprised to see my email inbox and notifications here almost full of all sorts of things for groups it won't even show me as a member of. Will this be fixed soon? It's driving me nuts.

I was wondering about that too. I'd like to see posts for groups I'm a member of, since those being in a different place is part of what made the social groups harder to keep track of. I'd rather not see posts from all the social groups. (I was happy to learn that I'm not the only one who does a bit of eye-rolling at the giggles over "books" and "tea" though.)

I know! It's driving me nuts! It's cluttering up the "View New Content", plus I really really really don't want to know what some people think of the rest of us when I accidentally hover over their thread thankyouverymuch :huh:

I came over here to find out if it's possible to be a member of a group but not have it listed under my avatar -- looks like the only option is to leave the group, is that correct?

I came over here to find out if it's possible to be a member of a group but not have it listed under my avatar -- looks like the only option is to leave the group, is that correct?

At this point, I think so. But some of us are hoping that the groups will go away from being listed under our avatars.

Also,

I found some bugs in SG so I am temporarily disabling them until I can work them out.

If it's going to be more than a day or two, can you unlock the social group threads, please? (Ours is the Exploring the Orthodox Church thread.) Lent starts Monday and we might need moral support for the first (hardest) week. :)

All done (hopefully), we had some significant issues that were causing mass emails to everyone amongst other things. It has been resolved.

When I click on social groups, I get an IP board message that they're still down for maintenance. Should they working or is there something I should do? Thanks for all your hard work!

I can access the home page and moderating pages of my Exploring Orthodoxy group, but when I click on Group Discussions I get this message:

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.

I can't see the discussions at all.

What am I missing? When I go to a group I have joined, I am told I don't have access. My options on the initial page are to 'leave group' not to join so I'm sure I'm recognized as a member.

Can you go to the Home page, Horton? Or the Group Discussions page?

Same with me. I moderate a group and can't get to the Discussion page. Hopefully in the morning!

Glad to see that it isn't just me. I was thinking I had some serious operator error going on here. :D

I don't have permission to view any of the posts for the one group I'm a member of. Two days ago I had all sorts of admin abilities that I shouldn't have had. :lol:

Same thing here; I don't have permission to view the group I created... :lol:

I am sure OJ will have us all fixed up soon; or...we'll just go down for maintenance again at midnight!

Patience, patience, patience.

~coffee~

Sorry folks, It has a very complex permissions engine that we had to write a special script to move from the old forums.

I will keep working on it.

I don't have permission to view the group discussion for the group I created either.

Thanks for you help on this, John!

We are still working on the converted social groups permissions issues. I will update later.

John

I am the moderator of a newly-created group. I do not have permission to read the discussions.

Yes we are aware and are working on a permissions bug on the social groups. Once it is fixed you should be fine.

John