Menu

I saved all my subscribed threads...how about you?

I saved all of the links to my subscribed threads last night. I saw it doesn't look like they'll be able to save them.

Roll call for saving subscribed threads. I'd rather be on the safe side. :001_smile:

According to the FB posts the links will be the same. So just copying links should be fine.

From PHP FB page

1. Usernames will not change.

2. Post count will not change.

3. Private messages will not change.

4. Social Groups will not change.

5. Avatars might change to profile picture or vice versa (some people have both).

6. We will setup a support page for users with Forum-related issues.

7. Tags will stay the same.

8. There will be a support email setup for those who can't log in (if any).

9. The new site design should be easier to use, less spammy, and more reliable. We think you'll like it.

10. The forums should be down from Thursday morning to Friday morning (give or take a bit).

Thank you all for your patience as we renovate the website! We'll post updates here.

Peace Hill Press: We think that your current thread-subscription won't carry over...we will post an update when we're 100% sure about that, or if we find out something different.

Peace Hill Press: the links should stay the same.

Nope, not doing it; living on the edge :D

It worked for Y2K, anyhow LOL.

I have water and emergency supplies, but no generator. I may also live on the edge and not save my subscribed threads. They said the search function will improve, maybe a screenshot of the thread titles will work. We may have to break out the tactical bacon tonight.

I have water and emergency supplies, but no generator. I may also live on the edge and not save my subscribed threads. They said the search function will improve, maybe a screenshot of the thread titles will work. We may have to break out the tactical bacon tonight.

Oooh, I'm a lifelong vegetarian but all this WTM bacon talk has had me curious. Tonight may be the night. Take me to the dark side ....

Tell me HOW please?

I actually had a page and a few. I deleted all the unimportant ones that no longer apply to my life and was left with 4.

Then I right clicked on each title and from there clicked on copy link location. I pasted each one into a word document. The link became clickable.

I minimized word and it is just waiting until Friday morning.

Oooh, I'm a lifelong vegetarian but all this WTM bacon talk has had me curious. Tonight may be the night. Take me to the dark side ....

Listen to Lisamarie, she is our spokesperson. :D

No, and no. :scared:

Dang it, I knew I should have been DVR'ing Revolution instead of Honey Boo Boo. I just didn't know I would need that information so soon. Hold me?

I just finished Walking Dead season 1, I'm ready. I have a sheriff's hat and a baseball bat.

COME to the dark side :lol:

:D:D:D

Wait, those are going away? :svengo: What about PMs?

Before I learned that links could be saved, I spent a few hours going through my subscriptions (I, too, had organized them into subjects). I ended up deleting most of them, as I realized I have internalized a lot of the info. in them! I also tagged a lot of them with tags I would tend to search for, so that was helpful. It's actually kind of nice to have my account all cleaned up here! No more guilt about not re-reading saved subscriptions frequently, lol. I also cleaned out my pm's that I had saved in folders. Again, much of the info. I have internalized. Which shows how valuable these forums are to me - all these years spent learning how to educate my kids - it's working!!

Please!! If anyone is deleting subscriptions, but they could be tagged with useful educational tags, please tag them! Thanks.

Didn't think of this issue so immediately logged in to save key threads. And got horribly sidetracked reading subscribed threads from the past 2 years.:glare:

I'm currently distracted seeing how many threads I killed :p

(I use subscribed threads primarily to keep track of recent posts I'm involved in, and have never bothered to clear it out. I'm certainly not saving all 970 of them! The clean-out will do me good.)

I have 1614. But I can't imagine I want anywhere near most of them.

I'm similar.

No, I haven't saved them. If they don't carry over, I figure this will count as a large, but easy, decluttering project. ;):lol: It's serendipity.