Menu

How are you going to cope tomorrow when the WTM Boards are down?

First - MIL is making a gluten free version of her rumcake. This of course must be vetted properly and I shall take my responsibilities seriously! :D

Then - blech! :glare: Intensive essay writing "workshop" (more like being sentenced to hard labor) for ds. Icelandic practice for other ds. Latin reviews all around. Math exams for two, science exam for the third one, yardwork, rocket team meeting, and a little Christmas planning.

On a brighter note, DH and I will be making a fast trip to Chicago. We have a moving van load of clothing and personal care items for a relief agency. It's been collected by our church and now needs to be delivered. Since he has vacation coming and really needs another break from two very incompetant co-workers who are driving him nuts, we volunteered to take it. Leaving Saturday afternoon after our 4-H club meeting, coming home Monday night. The church is paying for the van, gas, and one night at the hotel. We are paying for the other night so we can stay out an extra day.

The boys are staying home alone with dd and my mom checking up occasionally. It seems odd to be able to just be away without lining up care for them. But, they are getting all grown up now. The middle boy, 14, routinely housesits for MIL while she travels and he's great taking care of her dog. The eldest, almost 16, housesits for two other families and takes care of their dogs as well. The 12 year old, though I would not leave him home alone, is very self-sufficient. So, they'll be find. I'm just still adjusting to being in this place in life. Additionally, my folks are two blocks away and my brother is one block plus the neighbor across the street, a really wonderful single father of three boys, is alerted to the fact that the boys will be staying here alone. He's a great chap!

We don't have any major plans for Chicago. Sleep, rest, swim in the pool, jump in the jacuzzi, watch a movie, nap, get in the jacuzzi again, etc. Normally we make a mad dash for the museums, the art institute, and whatever cultural events we can manage. But, dh really just needs some downtime because his job is making him INSANE! :glare:

Therefore, as much as I am fundamentally against the abrogation of the HIVE constitution - article 5 (We shall always be there for one another. :D) - I have a lot to keep me busy on Thursday and Friday.

Faith

I'm quite looking forward to it actually :001_smile:. I have a number of rather enjoyable things I want to get done, but I'm so tired just now I find it easier to sit here instead. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be motivated to get on with them.

Costco is having a Grand opening about 10 minutes away from my house. My kids have been counting down for 2 weeks. They remember when we went to one 4 years ago and STILL talk about all the samples. That store was about 40 minutes away so we have never gotten a membership. I may break down and get one this time since it's so close even though I prefer Sam's. But either way I expect the experience will take 2-3 hours and then I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon and will take a nap after that. So I will have just a few hours to kill at night and hopefully everything will be back to normal when I get up on Friday.

Thankfully Thursday is our busy out of the house day! But Friday I will probably be getting my daughter ready for her fall jr. high retreat with the youth group. Oh, and continuously checking the boards to see if they are back up again!

It's like Lent for homeschoolers. :glare:

:iagree:

Thursdays are actually spent on-the-run here. Although once I arrive home at 8pm to crash I like to do something mindless like check in here or watch Project Runway. I refuse to watch PR All Stars, though, and no Hive ... hmmm, I'm not sure. It may be time for a Dr. Who marathon. Or setting up an Etsy shop featuring kilts made out of cupcake-print fabric. Or just curl up in a fetal position while humming Soft Kitty.

Since I'm behind on my (paid) work, I should welcome this. But a procrastinator like me is likely to find another way to procrastinate. The possibilities are endless!

I do always have a relatively short day on Thursdays. I have to leave to pick up my kids at 4:30, and then we have activites all evening. I also have a standing conference call every Thursday, and three official 11/15 deadlines (that I recall :tongue_smilie:). Other than that, I have plenty of housework and work work to keep me busy. And even if I didn't, it's time for me to get busy on shopping (online) for Christmas and two kid birthdays coming up. So what I really should be doing is taking a serious vacation from this site and several others (ha!).

I was just going to post that it's actually the first day of the Nativity fast ("winter Pascha") for the Orthodox, so it's pretty good timing actually. Clean Thursday! :001_smile:

:001_smile:

I'll be catching up on schoolwork with DS and doing my catechuman reading.

I won't be home much. So, I guess it won't be that noticeable to me. I'm looking forward to the new forums!

I just hope it all goes smoothly and we don't lose the great threads on here. There is SO much wonderful information that has been shared by many seasoned and knowledgeable people.

I'm glad I checked, because I've not been on for most of the last week.:001_huh:

We are on a scheduled school break this week. I've been busy with an unsuccessful bee project and getting ready for my first 10K in years.

What I will do not having the forum to distract me is to mow down another book in War and Peace. I'm halfway through.