Menu

Thankful. Yep. I just have to keep telling myself that...

The roofers are here. It sounds like the cirque de soleil is going on upstairs. I have to remind myself that those poor men are laboring on a hot roof, and the insurance company is paying for the whole thing; it isn't costing us a dime.

I can live with the noise for a day, right? Oy.

The roofers are here. It sounds like the cirque de soleil is going on upstairs. I have to remind myself that those poor men are laboring on a hot roof, and the insurance company is paying for the whole thing; it isn't costing us a dime.

My dh is working on a roof right now, it's 100+ heat index. He doesn't do too many roofs (or is it rooves?) He seems to wind up doing on in the middle of the hottest period in the summer.

Yes, you can survive one day, got anymore special tylenol?:D

Yes, you can deal with it. Do you have an iPod? Would it help you to try and drown it out by listening to something?

How's your back today, anyhow? :)

I'm watching a wedding show with Em. :lol: I'm sitting here yelling at the stupid couples for saying how they lived together for six years, but it never seemed like the right time to get married. :glare:

My back's doing ok. I can move a lot more easily today, but there's still a lot of pain. BUT I CAN MOVE!!!! :D I'm trying to control the pain with just Advil. I'm tired of being spaced out on codeine ;)

My dh is working on a roof right now, it's 100+ heat index. He doesn't do too many roofs (or is it rooves?) He seems to wind up doing on in the middle of the hottest period in the summer.

Yes, you can survive one day, got anymore special tylenol?:D

:lol:

Like I just said to Anj, I'm trying to stay away from the special tylenol today ;)

My dh is a sheet metal worker; he spent all those nasty days last week in an attic, installing duct work at a bank. It really isn't healthy!!

:lol:

Like I just said to Anj, I'm trying to stay away from the special tylenol today ;)

My dh is a sheet metal worker; he spent all those nasty days last week in an attic, installing duct work at a bank. It really isn't healthy!!

Ugh, then they come home. I do dh's laundry all by itself. Yes, I check in on my dh a couple of times a day. Sometimes he works alone and won't take a break if he needs it. I turn down the air before he comes home so it will be nice and cool.

God bless all those men who work physically hard all day.

I'm sorry :grouphug:. You've got a lot on your plate lately. Must be hard to deal with when you can't move around easily to get away from it. :grouphug: Can you put on headphones and listen to any books on tape? Treat yourself and the kids to a couple loud movies??:lol:

Atleast, on the bright side, you have roofers so it will only be one day. My dh has to redo our roof before we move (and the new one too) and he's NOT a roofer (knows what he's doing tho) so it'll be WEEKS of noise for me. You're making me rethink this plan of ours.:001_huh:

Sure you can...just remember that you are going to have a brand new beautiful roof in the end. Go make them a batch of cookies, and bring them out to them! I'm always so grateful to the people who do work at our home b/c although we are paying them, they are spending time out of their lives to help me!

Sure you can...just remember that you are going to have a brand new beautiful roof in the end. Go make them a batch of cookies, and bring them out to them! I'm always so grateful to the people who do work at our home b/c although we are paying them, they are spending time out of their lives to help me!

I would except for two things:

1. My back prohibits me from standing that long; and

2. If they're anything like my dh, they will have absolutely no desire to put anything in their mouths except gatorade.

I asked the lady at the office if they would need lunch or water or ANYTHING, and she said no, they bring all of that themselves. My dh works on commercial duct work, so there aren't any homeowners to take care of him. I always try to be mindful of the needs of the guys working around here (rare as it is!).

Ugh, then they come home. I do dh's laundry all by itself. Yes, I check in on my dh a couple of times a day. Sometimes he works alone and won't take a break if he needs it. I turn down the air before he comes home so it will be nice and cool.

God bless all those men who work physically hard all day.

AMEN! Mark only takes a break if he's getting dizzy or lightheaded. I check in on him a lot too, when he's' alone. And yes, washing the laundry separately is a MUST. He came home w/insulation all over him every day last week. He didn't even hug anybody when he came in. We all had to be shooed away from him until he changed :D

AMEN! Mark only takes a break if he's getting dizzy or lightheaded. I check in on him a lot too, when he's' alone. And yes, washing the laundry separately is a MUST. He came home w/insulation all over him every day last week. He didn't even hug anybody when he came in. We all had to be shooed away from him until he changed :D

My dh wrings out his shirts during the day. It's insane. Do you even do the insulation laundry at home? I know some people used to make their dh's take their insulated covered clothes to the laundromat.

My dh wrings out his shirts during the day. It's insane. Do you even do the insulation laundry at home? I know some people used to make their dh's take their insulated covered clothes to the laundromat.

Yep! Mark does the same thing. He also keeps a towel in his car so he doesn't have to sit on the seat unprotected ;)

Yeah, I do the laundry here. Never had a problem with it.

Make them a little something for lunch. You'll be surprised how good it makes *you* feel.

I made lunch for our crew every day they were here during our remodeling project. I really enjoyed letting them know how much I appreciated their hard work.

I remember that! When my kids were little we had a roof done. Oyyy the noise! BUT, it was well needed and appreciated!

Can you take the kids to the park for awhile?

You'll make it through, then you'll appreciate the quiet once they're gone! Look out for nails though! We kept finding them here and there for weeks!