Menu

We canceled DirectTV...

We had it less than 24 hours, LOL! We had it hooked up yesterday, viewed it last night and decided we would be better off without it! Seriously, the basic family package didn't have great channels (I think I'm realizing there aren't great channels!). We canceled this morning with no penalty and ordered Netflix for a fraction of the cost. Whew! I feel like I dodged a bullet!! :D

Did they give you a hassle on the phone?

I cancelled them a couple of months ago. I didn't tell the guy that I was getting a better deal with Dish. I had to tell him over and over and over that I didn't want the service anymore and my reasons for disconnecting were not up for discussion.

Actually, I think the lady was so surprised she didn't give me much hassle! I just told her I liked the quality of the picture, the features of DirectTv, but I didn't like the viewing options. :) No fuss at all! I was expecting it and maybe I was pretty firm sounding because of it!