Menu

What's your favorite fast food place?

What is your favorite fast food place?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite fast food place?

• Burger King
    • Wendy's
    • McDonald's
    • Taco Bell
    • Kentucky Fried Chicken
    • Other - state where

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't beat Taco Bell for cost and convenience, IMO. Bean burritos are cheap, not too terribly unhealthy (if you ignore the sodium) and my kids love 'em.

We used to also like Chik-Fil-A but they're not conveniently located (only inside the mall here) and rather expensive, IMO. That combined with some of their stances on social issues means that we no longer eat there.

Best I ever had was a place called Culver's when we visited Wisconsin. So yummy.

Five Guys is awesome, but I'm not sure if it counts.

I just choosing among the big guys, I'd probably say Wendy's for food... but used to love Chik-fil-A for their super clean playrooms and kids nights. (I'm not a fan of their waffle fries, though.) Now I kind of debate going there over some social issues, but I figure seeing a Mom in hijab with kids is a good thing.

Edited by umsami

From the list I picked Taco Bell.

Otherwise I like Panara Bread, Tim Hortons.

There was a fast Italian food place when I lived in SC. I can't remember the name of it but havn't seen one in about 12 years. I suppose it didn't' make it to a national chain.

ETA: Fazoli's is what I was thinking about above. I haven't seen one in a long time. Their food was good.

Edited by Parrothead

National? I think Jimmy Johns (sandwiches) is around a lot of places. I like that it is easy to get a lettuce wrap since I am wheat free.

Locally, while we don't go often since it means cheating on the wheat free thing, is Dick's Burgers in Seattle. Sir Mix A Lot fans will remember his mention of Dicks in the classic Seattle rap song "Posse on Broadway" as the place where the cool hang out. But I'm not cool and it's not 1988 but I love it so and spent my formative years munching on their fries. Walk up service, bag o' grease, small cokes which are actually small (like 10 ounces), burgers for less than $2 and they pay their employees well plus offer health insurance and college tuition reimbursement.

The fast food we get most often is from various taco trucks. Meat in corn on a plate of real beans. Yum.

Five Guys hands down, but my kids are weird and only my youngest will eat there.

My oldest has never in his 13 years eaten a hamburger which can make fast food difficult. My dd will only eat a burger if it's mcDonald's :ack2:

I can't believe someone is lucky enough to have a Panera with a drive through, that would rock.

Fazoli's is alive and well here in SE VA.

My favorite restaurant that's not fast food is George Webb, it's only in WI (specifically SE except for the one in Osseo and one in Peshtigo.) it's a good ol' greasy spoon diner chain. Open 24/7 with breakfast anytime. They also have good soups, but the chicken flavored noodle is my dd's favorite. It's so yellow you could use it for landing lights on a runway at night. LOL

In & Out.

I never, ever, eat at any of the others listed.

Well, now that I think of it our car broke down in August and we were stranded for 5 hours...we ate dinner at a Taco Bell (and they were nice enough to make a plain chicken soft taco for my dog) and then snacks later at Sonic...so I guess desperation overrides my "never" comment.

Wendy's is head and shoulders above the rest.

After that, we can do Sonic, Braum's (Texas), Moonies, a couple of others; IOW, if it isn't Wendy's, we can be flexible. :)

McDonalds isn't even on the list. :glare:

Buger King in a pinch.

Holy cow, I forgot about Braum's. Unreal good food. We always eat there when we go visit my dh's parents. They live in OK. That's the only place I've ever seen a Braum's besides towns that border OK in other states. I thought it was an Oklahoma chain. Plus their milk and dairy items that they sell are some of the best I've ever had.

We have a local pizza place (owned by a friend who is a chef)

And he has yummy, low cost Family Specials!

If I have coupons ( usually McDonald's) we like Angus burgers (B1G1)

And Panera has a drive thru directly in front of BAM...And a fairly New

Chick Fil-A is across from Panera!!

Confession: Rally's has $1 deals and we stop there if we are close and have no coupons.

:auto:

Grocery trips demand a snack!!

Dh orders Pizza on the way home about 2-3 times a month.

If he has to downsize his company.... we may never eat out!

I like anyplace with tacos. I chose Taco Bell. I used to love Taco Bueno but I am allergic to dairy and a lot of the things I love there involve dairy. Culvers is good and Five Guys (does that count?)

I do not like Jack N the Box. Every time I get a burger from there it tastes like the school cafeteria burgers from when I was in grade school, which I hated. Bleck. I will just make my own thanks. If the burger is not AS good as I make it then I am not buying it.

We have Zaxby's here, it is pretty good. I have not yet tried Bojangles. We also have Moe's, which I have not yet tried. I heard it is similar to Chiptole which dh LOVES. My family also likes Jimmie Johns. We love Firehouse Subs.

We order pizza only rarely I can't eat it so...yeah. :lol:

Edited by Sis

In-n-Out is a favorite here. :)

ETA: Fazoli's is what I was thinking about above. I haven't seen one in a long time. Their food was good.

We love Fazoli's! We used to have one in CA and then when we moved we had a couple out here but then they all closed. :(

I'll be the odd one out - I do NOT like Chipotle. (I love real Mexican food, though!)

Chick Fil A, Bojangles, and Boston Chicken are pretty much the only fast food I will eat. And I only eat at those places rarely.

ETA: I started reading some other responses, and I don't think we all define fast food the same way. I don't include Five Guys or Panera as fast food because they don't have drive-throughs; I like them better than McDonalds and the like, but I only eat at Panera and Five Guys about once a year each. A few other places I like that I don't consider fast food (no drive-through) but others might are Pronto Pasta and Qdoba.

Besides all the places listed on the poll, other places that we avoid except in case of emergency are Sonic, Hardees, and Dairy Queen.

Edited by LizzyBee