Menu

New Job Problems

*sigh*

Sometimes, things just go from bad to worse.

Wolf's new job is miserable.

First off, the owner is a racist. He refers to ppl of First Nations heritage as 'wagon burners' amongst other delightful terms :glare:

Then, Wolf was hired to run an enclosed machine. Instead, on Friday, he spent 12 hrs, in -20C on a glorified snowblower, getting soaking wet and freezing. The only person that was on a machine that Wolf was supposedly hired to run was the owner's SIL.

Also found out that 19 hr days are expected. As well as 7 days a wk. If you protest or refuse, buh bye. Yeah, that's legal. NOT!

He's got another job interview this am.

There is so much of this going on in the job market these days. It is just outrageous. I hope he finds a fabulous, permanent job quickly and can tell this guy to _________________________.:grouphug:

I've had this conversation with my dd who has been in some stressful positions. if you're leaving a miserable situation for something better, you can afford to be gracious and just say "so long, I got a better offer." (with more money and better working conditions . . . ) You can put the appropriate expression on your face that says something like "______", but you don't need say it aloud.

Dh's previous job lasted less than a week. It was a stop gap job anyway, but he was supposed to be running a press, pressing a button no lifting. He had a mild heart attack a few months earlier and really didn't need to lift anything.

Anyway they had him on a different machine lifting 50+ lb metal over his head all day. When he asked about the change in position they basically fired him. He lasted all of about 3 -4 days. Thankfully his current job came along shortly afterward, but that's all I needed, him to have another heart attack at work.

I hope Wolf gets out of there soon.