Menu

lipstick

In most cases, unless you are making a statement, I think wearing a lipstick that compliments *you* is best. I don't usually think it looks good when people try to match their makeup to their outfits versus using makeup that compliments their skin tones.

Then again, I do not claim to be a makeup artist or a fashion maven.

In most cases, unless you are making a statement, I think wearing a lipstick that compliments *you* is best. I don't usually think it looks good when people try to match their makeup to their outfits versus using makeup that compliments their skin tones.

Then again, I do not claim to be a makeup artist or a fashion maven.

I'm not trying to go for any kind of statement, but the usual pinks and reds I wear seem to be clashing with it. Hoping to start work this week (waiting to hear back from them), and trying to make sure I look nice. :) It's at JCP, and they like you to wear their clothes, so I'm getting out what I have...

Edited by SeekingSimplicity

I'm not trying to go for any kind of statement, but the usual pinks and reds I wear seem to be clashing with it. Hoping to start work this week (waiting to hear back from them), and trying to make sure I look nice. :) It's at JCP, and they like you to wear their clothes, so I'm getting out what I have...

I bet you'll look fantastic! Good luck on your first day. :001_smile:

How tan are you right now?

I wear bright pink when I am fairly tan, and a deep, brown-burgundy red when that is fading, and a great Lancome color, Champagne, when I am dead pale. If I'm wearing a heavy color top, I wear the middle lipstick but add some bronzer on the cheekbones so as not to look too pale and swamped in the shirt, or I wear a bright fuschia if it's a party/evening situation (but not usually professionally.) I have figured this out over time, and it is pretty much foolproof. Right now there are a lot of great lip glosses on the market that I layer over the middle one sometimes also.

I'm paper white. lol I don't tan at all, just turn red then back to white. Frosted colors are not very good on me.

Picked up some fuchsia a couple weeks ago! It makes me ridiculously happy when I wear it.

I have pink toffee and dusty rose that I wear during the summer. I also really like red lipstick. Love to do liquid eyeliner winged out and red lips. During the fall I really like wine colored lipstick. So I'm really digging the lipstick trend right now. I've been doing an orange eyeshadow that i like with my eye color, white eyeliner on the waterline, and a single coat of mascara with wine lipstick.

Hard to say without looking at you but those shirt colors are more "warm" (brown/cream/orange-based rather than white/black/pink-based). Navy is a cool color but the warm bronze is what is near your face. If you normally tend toward gray/black/blue (is that what you meant? I was a little confused by the OP) then wearing these warmer colors will probably clash with your typical makeup choices. Does that make sense? Some women have more borderline or crossover complexions and can wear warm colors without looking ill or washed out. If that is the case for you, I'd get a lipstick with a warm undertone--sometime more orange-based than pink-based.

Hard to say without looking at you but those shirt colors are more "warm" (brown/cream/orange-based rather than white/black/pink-based). Navy is a cool color but the warm bronze is what is near your face. If you normally tend toward gray/black/blue (is that what you meant? I was a little confused by the OP) then wearing these warmer colors will probably clash with your typical makeup choices. Does that make sense? Some women have more borderline or crossover complexions and can wear warm colors without looking ill or washed out. If that is the case for you, I'd get a lipstick with a warm undertone--sometime more orange-based than pink-based.

YEs, sorry, I meant I have a lot of blue, black, grey, and cool colors in my closet. My usual lipstick is brownish pinks or red and goes well with what I normally wear.

I'm also fair complexion, dark hair and blue eyes.

I LOVE Mac lipstick. The "syrup" shade looks good on everyone. I've also started wearing a light pink that has a '60's vibe about it.

But I love the syrup color.

Lip color is the one cosmetic that I spend $ on because cheap lipstick looks cheap.

Alley