Menu

A sad Minecraft request from my son

my older son accidentally deleted and then reinstalled Minecraft Pocket Edition on his ipod touch, and it seems that all his carefully created worlds have been deleted. Poor guy is devastated.

Is there any way to get them back? I wouldnt have thought reinstalling the program would have deleted all of the games, but he thought he could figure it out on his own and now this.

:(

My son doesn't have the ipod version, just PC, but he says this:

Hi. That's really frustrating. Sorry you lost your worlds. It wouldn't hurt to look through all your files to see if there is a saved folder somewhere that doesn't look like it's attached to anything. Your saved worlds go in go in that. I just wonder if maybe when deleting it, the saved folder might not have deleted, and maybe it's just sort of hanging around on your ipod not pointing to anything. You then would have to associate it with your .minecraft folder, probably by dragging and dropping or moving it there. Good luck, and if you still don't get them all back I'm really sorry.

My son doesn't have the ipod version, just PC, but he says this:

Hi. That's really frustrating. Sorry you lost your worlds. It wouldn't hurt to look through all your files to see if there is a saved folder somewhere that doesn't look like it's attached to anything. Your saved worlds go in go in that. I just wonder if maybe when deleting it, the saved folder might not have deleted, and maybe it's just sort of hanging around on your ipod not pointing to anything. You then would have to associate it with your .minecraft folder, probably by dragging and dropping or moving it there. Good luck, and if you still don't get them all back I'm really sorry.

thank you we will look!!!

From my ds:

'I wish you could get those worlds back, but the only thing I can think of is if you could get the IP/seed back you would get the same land but you would not get the buildings back. I'm sorry. If you got it on the computer like I have it(I have the PE and the computer edition) but if you get the computer version you get an account so you can delete it but still get it back.'

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elizabeth18bu

That really sucks! The poor kid! I wish I could help, but my minecrafters only have the PC version :( Again, wow, all that work, just poof! Not any fun to deal with!