Menu

LOR-- when it needs to be mailed...

Wildcat

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before. A search turned up a mishmash of things, but not an answer to my question. :tongue_smilie:

Ds needs to mail his LORs. His cc prof has agreed to write one for him. Does he just give her the college's address or does he give her an addressed & stamped envelope (leaving the return address for her to fill in)? If he gives her an envelope, it is just a regular one (LOR would need to be folded), or a manilla one (so the LOR would remain flat?

Help?

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before. A search turned up a mishmash of things, but not an answer to my question. :tongue_smilie:

Ds needs to mail his LORs. His cc prof has agreed to write one for him. Does he just give her the college's address or does he give her an addressed & stamped envelope (leaving the return address for her to fill in)? If he gives her an envelope, it is just a regular one (LOR would need to be folded), or a manilla one (so the LOR would remain flat?

Help?

I would have him give her an addressed & stamped envelope. You can let her fill in the return address, or put her name and the CC address there. I think a regular envelope is fine (vs. manilla). Also, if your son is using the Common App, there is a teacher recommendation form that he can print out and complete and give to her as well. There is a place for your son to sign saying that he waives his right to see what she wrote in the letter. She would write the letter, attach it to the form, and then mail both in the envelope you give her. If the letter needs to go to more than one college, then he'll have to give her multiple forms & envelopes.

HTH,

Brenda

Dd gave her cc instructor addressed, stamped long envelopes, along with a cover sheet with her pertinent information. (HOW in the world do the schools actually keep track of all of these different pieces of the application?) Dd also gave her teacher a copy of her transcript so the teacher could see what dd has taken in the past (although this is dd's first year in dual enrollment classes).