Menu

Any experience with the following online schools?

Guest jjbamafan

Guest jjbamafan

Well, I have gotten a little further in my research & although I like Laurel Springs it is out of our price range. I am taking a serious look at Keystone. I also spoke with our truancy officer regarding requirements for online school credits to be accepted if our daughter were to return to public school. She tells me that most of the parents she has spoken with are using Penn Foster or A Becka but I am not familiar with either of those and a quick look at the websites doesn't do anything for me. Keystone has AP classes & and a very respectful list of colleges which have accepted their graduates. I wondered if anyone here had any experiences positive or negative with any of the schools I have listed.

We are using keystone for math, science and a creative writing course. I plan to continue math and science through them...probably, and adding a few other courses to satisfy requirements for a diploma. It's not perfect- science is ridiculously easy, algebra is organized very poorly) but the teachers are responsive, the online platform with discussions and feedback is fun, and I feel better having a diploma from someone other than me. The tentative plan is to get a diploma via keystone by using the ps credits, home credits, and keystone. We will see at the end of this year how that goes- I know they will take all the ps credits, and I am keeping meticulous records for home schooled history and English. I plotted it out over 4 years, and it should work out. One nice thing is you work at your own pace, so finishing 4 years of science in 2 years is totally doable, freeing up time to pursue other things while still satisfying a traditional high school course load. It's not cheap, but I too looked at laurel springs and it's much more expensive!