Menu

S/O: Hardy Boys

kolamum

My son read one of the easy chapter ones a year or so ago. Or rather read most of it, but he became really fed up with the amount of name calling in it. I told him if he was unhappy with the to stop reading it. So he did.

So, we went back to the library to look for the "old" Hardy Boys books, but I couldn't find any that didn't say "All New" on them. With odd mystery topics vs the old fashioned missing item type topics.

Is it possible to get the old ones?

Are the new ones icky? Some of the covers look a tad questionable, & I know we aren't suppose to judge a book by it's cover but even some of the titles are off putting.

Is my library just lame? Wait, don't answer that! ;)

You're looking for the old "blue spines", and almost every bookstore carries them. Libraries can be iffy on them, because they are old books and I doubt they are being replaced when they become too worn to read. Go to B&N or Amazon and buy him a copy of the first one to see if he likes it. I *think* it's "While the Clock Ticked" or something along those lines. It's been a loooooong time. :lol:

The first one is The Tower Treasure I think.

Like Diane said the old ones have blue spines and are much better. I am not sure that you can get the blue spine ones in Australia because I have never seen them in the UK -- well once in a charity shop.:001_smile: Take a look on amazon so you know what you are looking for.

They do have some mystery series written at the same time by the same authors (one group of authors wrote several series under different pen names for one publisher way back in the 30's and 40's) for free on kindles etc. We have not read any of them but I did download samples on a kindle. I can look them up if you want me to.