Menu

For zinc users for acne, I am in need of advice!

I have been doing a lot of research online about zinc and have decided to use chelated zinc as it seems to be the most effective brand. But I do not know which one to use. Do I need tablets, capsules, or does it not matter? I am going to be taking 50 -75 mg of zinc for acne treatment theb lower it to 50 qnd continue until I reach 30 mg or so. Please I really need some advice on which brand to take and what type of pills. Thank you!

Interesting thank you very much, do the kal tabs come in anything higher?

I don't know whether they come in anything higher, but they are VERY tiny tablets, so it would be easy to swallow several at once. I think the bottle of 100 was around five bucks at my vitamin store.

I don't know whether they come in anything higher, but they are VERY tiny tablets, so it would be easy to swallow several at once. I think the bottle of 100 was around five bucks at my vitamin store.

Thank you very much for your help and I will look at my local vitamin store to see if they carry it. There are so many brands of zinc there that it is hard to choose the right one!!

I'll bump this for you. I've been taking 25mg a day with a big improvement, however, I did go to the Derm and her gave me oral meds. They have helped a ton.

Good luck!

The oral meds I took made me sick and lost effect after 2 months so it didn't work for me but glad it is working for you.

I use this one from KAL. I have also used this one from Natures Way (note a different dose). Maybe it's my imagination, but the KAL seems more effective (I do 15 with breakfast and sometimes I also do 15 with dinner).

KAL is an excellent brand overall. Nature's Way is good also, but I have found KAL to be superb. Never tried their zinc however.

Quick question: does this make you feel nauseous at all? I've just about given up on spending any more $ on zinc supplements for my dc. Every one that we have tried makes them feel nauseous, even when taken with food. :confused:

Thank you.

KAL is an excellent brand overall. Nature's Way is good also, but I have found KAL to be superb. Never tried their zinc however.

Quick question: does this make you feel nauseous at all? I've just about given up on spending any more $ on zinc supplements for my dc. Every one that we have tried makes them feel nauseous, even when taken with food. :confused:

Thank you.

It's my understanding that zinc increases "appetite" (IIRC from our old nutritionist). It does make me feel at least hungry even though I take it with food, so I can imagine it could make a person so hungry that they get nauseous - not sure.

I would not take it without food, in any event. Personally, I aim for an even balance with protein/fat/less carb, definitely not all carb. My understanding, which may be oversimplified or not necessarily accurate :tongue_smilie:, is that zinc helps acne via helping insulin sensitization (lower insulin levels leading to lower testosterone levels).

My understanding, which may be oversimplified or not necessarily accurate :tongue_smilie:, is that zinc helps acne via helping insulin sensitization (lower insulin levels leading to lower testosterone levels).

Hmmm, that's interesting. I have insulin resistance, so perhaps I should take some of the zinc I buy for kids' acne. I am up for anything natural that will help!

Hmmm, that's interesting. I have insulin resistance, so perhaps I should take some of the zinc I buy for kids' acne. I am up for anything natural that will help!

FWIW, somewhere I read that type 2 diabetics have a difficult time storing zinc and are chronically low (or something like that ;) - something to google)

It's my understanding that zinc increases "appetite" (IIRC from our old nutritionist). It does make me feel at least hungry even though I take it with food, so I can imagine it could make a person so hungry that they get nauseous - not sure.

I would not take it without food, in any event. Personally, I aim for an even balance with protein/fat/less carb, definitely not all carb. My understanding, which may be oversimplified or not necessarily accurate :tongue_smilie:, is that zinc helps acne via helping insulin sensitization (lower insulin levels leading to lower testosterone levels).

Thank you.