Menu

Prayers please! Horse related...

Especially if you understand the bod between a young girl and her horse. I humbly ask for your prayers this evening. We came home from the Renn Fest to find Dasa's beloved horse, Trudy, at the back of the pasture with a broken hind leg. The vet will be here shortly. This horse is so loved we are devastated.

It is over. It was an open break and there was nothing to be done. I am just sick. This little mare is dd's all star, her best friend. They won state together, numerous ribbons, high points, everything.

:crying:

post-50054-13535087829587_thumb.jpg

Edited by Juniper

Oh Juniper! I am crying here right along with you. Your poor girl's must just be broken. I am so, so sorry :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I think it is the traumatic nature of it. Dd went out into the pasture when she wouldn't come for dinner. She came back hysterical. I knew the moment I saw it it was over, but the horse was just being her normal quirky, hungry, happy self. It was just so sudden.

Oh what a beautiful horse. I'm so sorry. :(

Thank you! I do not know how we are going to find her another like this one. We have my big paint mare, but she is not exactly what I want for dd for Pony Club. Ugh!!!!! I know this will only makes sense to a few but she was supposed to do her D3 testing this month. :glare:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I will always remember the sound of that single gunshot when I lost a horse soul mate as a teenager. I am so very sorry for all of you.

This is it exactly. Except she had this relationship with every member of our family. She was almost a family mascot! :D

I really appreciate kind thoughts. I am reading them and sharing with dd whenever she cycles through a wave of grief. Thanks everyone!