Menu

Here's one can you name you elementary school, teachers and principal?

K--Calvary Baptist School ; ?

1- Centre County Christian Academy; ?

2- A Beka Correspondence School

3 & 4-- Tarrytown Christian; Mrs. Orton

5- Calvary Baptist School (A different Calvary Baptist than K) and Hallstead Christian Academy; ?

6-10 -- Faith Baptist School; variety of teachers

11-12 -- homeschool

Don't remember any principals much. I never liked any of my teachers except the first teacher I had for two months in 5th grade before we moved again. She was kind to me. My 5th grade teacher after we moved was *awful* and mean.

And, btw, I hated being homeschooled also.

k- Miss Good(i think it was Miss, but not sure) then we moved and I can't remember my 2nd K teachers name.

1st Mrs. Kimple (loved her)

2nd Mrs. Matson (neutral)

3rd Mr. Gates (favorite teacher ever, he moved up to Jr. High math and I took him for both 7th and 8th grade math)

4th Mrs. Banks (didn't like her) for the first quarter and then they added another 4th grade class and i was thankfully moved to Mrs. Johnson's class.

5th Mrs. Imle (tyrant), we also had a student teacher that year but i cannot remember her name.

6th Mrs. Johnson again

The music teacher 4-6th was Mrs. Bird and PE was Mr. Salo (he was an alcoholic)

ETA: I can't remember the principal's name for K-3rd, but 4-6th was Mr. Broderick (he was cool).

Edited by akmommy

I have a terrible short-term memory; but for some reason, I can remember this...

Principal - Mr. Walk

K - Mrs. Oseman

1 - Mrs. Catlin

2 - Mrs. House

3 - Mrs. Eastman

4 - Mrs. Terry

5 - Mrs. Ammons (different school for this one year)

6 - Mrs. Carr

Had too many teachers for 7th-12th because of the changing classes, but I'm pretty sure I could remember them all.

I went to Accident Elementary School in Accident, MD.

K - there wasn't one

1st - Mrs. Friend

2nd - Mrs. Overdorff

3rd - Miss Midgarden

4th - Mrs. Strauss

5th - Mr. Redinger

6th - Mr. Janoske

Principal - Mrs. Hanlin until she retired, then Mr. Wilson

ETA: I just noticed that this is an old thread and I posted in it the first time around!

Edited by LizzyBee

I went to Moore Street Elementary School. My teachers in grades 1-6 were:

1. Miss Buchan

2. Mrs. Brown

3. Mrs. Minton

4. Mrs. Scarborough

5. Mrs. Cantera & Mrs. Fincher

6. Mrs. Rountree & Mrs. Brown (a different Mrs. Brown from my 2nd grade teacher) -- This one left mid-year and was replaced by Mrs. Murphy.

The first principal I had was Mrs. Horne, but she reitred when I was in 4th grade, and was replaced by Miss Jones. The librarian was Mrs. Mercer, who she was replaced by Mrs. May when I was in 5th grade. The janitor's name was Mr. Pooler.

Gosh... I remember quite a few... not all of them, though

Neosho Heights Elementary

Principal - Don't remember other than he was a "tall" (to a youngster, everyone's tall) broad man with dark hair

K - Mrs. Gott. Her son Colby was in my class and her younger son Levi was in my sister's class

1 - Mrs. Franklin

2 - Mrs. Preston

3 - Miss Hofer, and to this DAY I despise that woman. I would much rather have been in Mrs. Ross' class, but the rumor was that she didn't really want me in her class because she had my father had dated (before he was married to my mother, of course) and it had apparently ended badly.

Changed schools between 3rd and 4th grade.

Lone Star Elementary

Principal - Mr. Pritz, who is still the principal

Vice-principal - Mr. Turner, the dad of one of the boys in my class. His wife was (is) a preschool teacher there, and his wife's brother was (is) the band instructor.

4 - Miss Mears for most subjects and Mr. Whaley for spelling; Mr. Robertson for band

5-8 - We started switching classes in fifth grade. My homeroom teacher in 5th was Mrs. Henderson. Other notable teachers from those years include:

*Mr. Robertson, the band teacher, as mentioned. He was also the drum line instructor at the high school at the time

*Mrs. McCutcheon, social studies, whom I ran into a few years ago and discovered she is now a nurse (I was in preop with my son when I found this out)

*Mrs. Grant, the English teacher

*Mrs. Carver, the science teacher who was my mother's red-haired doppelganger

*Mr. Patterson, the bus driver and also the art teacher except I never took art

*Mrs. Allem, the GT teacher whose husband I met after I was in a freak car accident three years ago and he stopped to help me out

*Last but not least, Mrs. Pitts, my humanities teacher - the best teacher I've EVER had - whose husband was the superintendent of the schools in the town (excluding the one I went to which was a dependent district) and who invented the Olympitts so we could have fun while we learned. She also loved to rearrange the furniture "just to watch you walk into it because at your age, you have no motor skills!" Wonderful, wonderful teacher.

I don't remember any of my math teachers, nor do I recall the name of the Spanish teacher. I remember my 7th and 8th grade math teacher as having chronic halitosis and my Spanish teacher as being a red-haired Irish woman. The irony always got to me.

I can only remember my 2nd and 5th grade teachers names. I do remember my 3rd, 4th and GT teachers fondly but can't remember their names. I also remember one afterschool sitter, the jr. high math and science teachers and my jr. high spanish teacher.

Deerfield Elementary School

Principal - Mr. Achu (we used to sneeze and say his name!)

K - Mrs. Geardy

1st - Mrs. ? (she got married half way through and changed her name)

2nd - Mrs. Morris (she pulled my ear because I wasn't good at paying attention.

3rd - Mrs. Snow (grey hair, teeny tiny and her last year as a teacher; always wore a different pin every day)

4th - Ms. Nichols (she showed pictures of her trip to Greece)

5th - complete blank - maybe Mrs. Liddy!

6th - Mrs. Fitzgerald (left half-way through the year to have a baby and I had my K teacher as a replacement. Mr. Ward for math and science)

Ooh, let's see. Went to Bright School in Chattanooga, TN.

Principal - Kirk Walker, then two people each there for a year.

didn't go to K

1st - Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Hudson

2nd - Mrs. Parker & Miss McKenzie

3rd - Mrs. Love & Mrs. Dillard

4th - Mrs. Taintor & Mr. "B" (Bullenger, iirc)

5th - Mrs. Nymann & Mrs. Burger

6th - Mrs. Murray & Mr. Sellars

Art was Mrs. Phillips, music was Mrs. Moore. I admit I have forgotten the name of the teacher in the lovely computer lab where we learned LOGO. The library was run by Mrs. Doyle and Mrs. Cherry, though, and the most common substitute in the entire school was Mrs. Mynatt. She had realllly long hair that she braided and then put into a bun. Funny how that made such a big impression on me!

Nope. I went to 1 school for K and gr 1. I don't remember my K teacher or principal there but my gr 1 teacher was Mrs. Fair.

Then I went to a different school for gr 2-9. We went through 3 principals so I don't remember them. Gr 2 I had 1 teacehr who then went on sick leave and ended up with Mrs. Smithson (aka shedevil), I missed a good chunk of that year due to illness. Gr 3 was Mr Hankinson. Gr 4 was Mr Todd in the morning and Mrs Smithson(shedevil) in the afternoon. Gr 5 was Mrs. Stefaniak(sp?), she was my favorite teacher and the only decent one I ever had at that school, the rest should have never been allowed near children, it was very evident they hated them with all they had. Gr 6 I don't remember his actual name, I called him the sadist, He thrilled at making us copy out page 200 of the dictionary for any perceived infraction-I had to do it once for sneezing while he was lecturing. Gr 7-9 we had multiple teachers depending on subject, Mrs. Hopchin we had for gr 7 home room (my sisters class 2 years later caused her to have a nervous breakdown and she never returned).Mr. Grant taught french, Mr strem taught social studies, Mrs. L was Lang arts. I forget the names of my science, home ec, IA, and computer teachers.

I have no idea the principals names, but here's what I can remember

K

College Park Elementary Greendale WI

no idea the teachers name

1-4

Canterbury Elementary Greendale WI (many of my cousins have all gone there too and all that have also lived in the house we did when I went there. The house was passed from sister to sister in my moms family.

1st. Mrs. Kunz (I remember because my dad couldn't say her name and called her Mrs. "Coots"

2nd Ms. Golumbeski

3rd I can't remember her full name but she was Mrs. F and my aunt who now lives in the house I used to live in when I went to this school was the teacher's aide.

4th Mrs. Jacobi

Muskego Elementary in Muskego WI

I can't remember the teachers name but it was a weird class they had a few too many 4th and 5th graders for the teachers they had but not enough to warrant hiring a teacher for each grade so they put us both in one room and called us a "Split" class where the teacher had to split her time between the 2 grades throughout the day.

6 Bay Lane Middle School Muskego WI

Mr. Shulteis, who was my favorite teacher of all time and who I kept in touch with until my high school graduation.

Lincoln Elementary in Hoquiam, WA. I can't for the life of me remember the principal's name, but I can picture him as plainly as if he was standing in front of me. Tall man with glasses and wavy grayish-brown hair, kind face. He had an old tennis shoe in his office for a paddle.

K- Mrs. Eichlesdorfer. I was in loooove with her and her long shiny brown hair. :001_wub:

1-Mrs. Jorgensen

2-Mrs. Buck

3-Mrs. Crocker

4-Mrs. Jorgensen again

5-Mr. Thomason

Moved to Oregon. Pleasant Hill Elementary. Principal, Mr. Jones, which fact I only remember because his daughter was in my grade.

6-Mr. Kilburg

That was fun.

I never knew the names of any principals.

I can name all the schools I attended, but beginning with 7th grade, there were too many teachers, although I can see their faces.

1st & 2nd: John Tyler Elementary; Miss Carnell and Mrs. Cuthrall

3rd and 4th: Cradock Elementary; Mrs. Daughtry and Mrs. White

5th: Easton Place: Mrs. Engles

6th: Woodlawn Elementary; Mrs. Tucker (everything except math and science) and Mr. Bland (math and science).

7th: Sundeen Jr. High

8th: Norview Jr. High and Blair Jr. High.

9th: Blair

10th: Maury H.S. and Garrett H.S.

11th: Garrett H.S. and El Cajon Valley H.S.

12th: Lake Taylor

I went to school in a small town in Florida with basically the same people from K-12 - the only school in town.

Port St. Joe Elementary School

Principal - Mr. Harrison

K - Aunt Bell

1st - Mrs. Barlow

2nd - Mrs. Anchors

3rd - Mrs. Martin

4th - Mrs. Barnes

5th - Mr. Barlow

I ran into my Kindergarten teacher about 10 years ago (and she was old when I was in K) in the hospital. I was with my mom while she was having some tests made and Aunt Bell was in the same waiting area. She told the man next to her, "This is Tammy from my class of 1968." What a memory.

I'll try....

K- Unknown montessori school in Riverside California with unknown teachers

1- Ms. Anderson Big Bear Lake Elementary School CA

2- Unknown teachers, 1 school in Big Bear Elementary CA and Hillcrest Elementary Ogden Ut

3-Mr Shupe Taylor Elementary Ogden Ut

4- Mrs. McDonald West Linn Elementary Ogden Ut

5- Mrs. Humiller West Linn Elementary Ogden Ut

No clue about any of the principles until middle school and even thats a little fuzzy. :) I was a goody goody who never had to visit until tempremental hormones kicked in. :D

Principal k-2...no idea. Teachers: K- Mrs. Cright, 1- Mrs. Whaley, 2- Mrs. Garbowski

Principal 3-8...Sr. Jaqueline. Teachers: 3- Sr. Jean/Mrs. Pedersen, 4- Mrs. Gindt, 5-Mrs Verbruggen, 6-Sr. Carlotta, 7-Mrs. Pedersen, 8-Mr. Baeten

Highschool - no idea who the principal was, but I do know the Vice Principal was Mr. Appel. Lots of teachers, but my fav was my Grammar teacher, Mrs........(Something or another) and my Psych teacher, Mr. Jameson.

The only ones I remember is the 6th grade teachers at Fort Stewart Elementary School. My teacher's name was Mrs. Floyd and the other 6th grade teacher was Mr. Golden. Mrs. Floyd paddled me with a ruler and Mr. Golden had a home made paddle in the front of the class with holes in it.

I think I don't remember my other teachers is because I went to 8 different schools from K - 12 in 5 states and 2 countries.

Vinci Park Elementary School, San Jose, CA

1st -- Mrs. Borke

2nd -- Mr. Mulford

3rd -- Mr. Mulford

4th -- Mrs. Greenwald

Liberty Christian School (Now, Liberty Baptist School), San Jose, CA

5th -- Mrs. Johnston

Burnett Elementary, Morgan Hill, CA

6th -- Ms. Timbrook

I have no clue who any of the principals were, though. Never met them. I was the "good girl"

Wow - old thread made new. I think I can remember...

K - Mom

St. Henry's

1st - Sister Marietta Carr

2nd - Mrs. Walhausen

3rd - Mrs. Stricker

Principal - Sister Mary Katherine

Semo Christian Academy

4th - Mrs. Gilshimer (I KNOW I'm not spelling this correctly, but she was one of my favorite teachers.) & Mrs. Ulmer for Social Studies & Reading.

Principal - Ken Roberts

Moved during the school year -

Stokes Elementary

4th Mrs. Lockett

Have NO clue who the principal was... can't even picture him/her.

Another move -

Academy School

5th - Mrs. Muggleston

Principal - Mr. Wolfe

Wow - old thread made new. I think I can remember...

I'm not even going to look to see if I answered before, who know what my memory has done since the original post. Here I go.

Oakwood Manor Elementary

K - Mrs. Decaro

1 - ? (I remember she used to drum her fingers on the desk and I learned how to do it by watching her)

2 - Miss Woodson/Mrs. McClarney (she got married during the school year)

3 - Mrs. Tognascioli

4 - ? (we moved early in the school year)

Thomas Chinn Elementary

4. Mrs. Dickerson

5. Mrs. Miller

6. Mrs. Leibold

Don't remember the principals. I remember the PE teacher was Mrs. Legg, the art teacher Mrs. Farris, the music teacher Mrs. Gerth/Garth.

I don't remember one teacher's name. :001_smile:

I remember one.

I attended Ft. Rucker (AL) Primary for K-2. Don't remember the teachers, but do remember in K it was a big room with four different classrooms in it. Very open. I remember them being surprised that I could write my name when I entered, and sent me to the office to show everyone.

Ft. Rucker Elementary was 3-6. My 3rd grade teacher was Ms. Lee, who married at the end of the year and became Mrs. Parker. I remember her, because she brought in her fiance, and I told my friends I'd "faint" if he was fine. He wasn't, but I did anyway, since I had opened my mouth, and Ms. Lee was my favorite teacher :tongue_smilie:. I also remember this school because at one point, I had to wear a large pair of lips around my neck for the day because I talked a lot. I don't think I attended 6th grade here though.

I attended some school in Oh (waiting for housing in Germany) when I was in 7th grade. It had to be 7th grade, I think. Maybe it was 6th, but I don't think I spent 3 years in Nurnberg) I won a speech contest, but never got my trophy because I moved to Germany.

8th-9th was at Nurnberg American High School. It no longer exists :sad:. Lots of memories there. Except I don't remember the teachers. I do remember Rocky, the gummi store, and the gyros stand.

10th-12th was in Copperas Cove, TX. Oh! I remember Mr. Pollard. He was an English teacher, and I talked him into believing in me. I liked him; a little dry, but very nice. I liked another teacher- 12th grade sponsor, I spent lots of detentions in her classroom (for chewing gum, it kept me from talking, generally :lol:). I can't remember her name, but I recognize her when I see her picture in my yearbook.

Lots of memories- few names.

Susan Moore Elementary School, Susan Moore, Alabama.

Principal- J. D. Webb.

K-Mrs. Minshew (I wondered why her name was Men-shoe, not lady-shoe)

1-Mrs. Nichols

2-Mrs. Tidwell

3- Mrs Johnson (one of those that should not be allowed with kids)

4-Mrs Faulkner

5- Mr. Gillespie

6-Mrs Starkey

May Whitney Elementary in Lake Zurich, IL

K- Mrs. Gillespie

1- Mrs. Noodleman

2- Mr. Howe

3- Mrs. Wright

Sarah Adams Elementary in Lake Zurich, IL (the brand new school they built down the street from us- we were all excited to go there!)

4- Mrs. Murray and Mr. Cartalano

5- Mrs. Tienson

LZ Jr. High

6th- Mrs. Walsh, Mr. Fuerstein and others I don't remember

7th- I don't remember any

Castillero Middle School in San Jose, CA

7th- I don't remember any

8th- Mrs. Olson (Drama) and I don't remember any others

Leland High School - SJ, CA

I remember faces, but not many names......Mrs. Jones, Mr. Zimmerman, Mrs. Feinstein, Mr. Johannsan (we called him MacGyver because he was our Physical Science teacher and homework was often to watch MacGyver episodes and report back to him what we learned) and lastly I remember Mr. Beach my ceramics and stained glass teacher. He died of AIDS when I was in my 20's. He was my favorite high school teacher because in spite of all the little jerks (boys mostly) that made fun of him, he was the kindest teacher I ever had and when my friend, who was also one of his students, killed herself over Christmas break he was the only one who asked me how I was doing.

Geesh. I must be the only person with horrible memory. I only remember a handful of teachers from elementary school. I moved a lot and I am always a look ahead forget what's behind kind of gal. I forget my first and second grade teachers and none of my principals.

Hmmm... I'll give it a shot.

St. Pius X Catholic School in Lombard IL

Principal - Sr. Regina (nuns didn't have last names:)) for grades 1 - 3, Mr. Robert ??? (don't remember his name, but I remember what he looked like - never had to visit him that I can recall.)

grade 1 - Mrs. Wozniak,

Grade 2 - Mrs. Pam (I don't remember her name, but she was a former nun and my mother was aghast),

Grade 3 - Mrs. Heitmanick,

Grade 4 - I don't remember her name, but she let me out of spelling tests when I broke my arm even though I could write with my other hand.),

Grade 5 Sr. Ann Druska (a nun who had a last name:) - she was a tough old bitty who took me under her wing when I was getting bullied at school and my parents were doing nothing),

Grade 6 - Mr. Carlson,

Grade 7 - I had two teachers that year - one left to go to the seminary and one came out of the seminary and they both had red hair,

Grade 8, Mr. Cronquist (every single Junior high girl had a massive crush on him - think a taller, blonder Robert Redford with good skin and a Tom Cruise smile - swoon.)

Gym teacher - Mr. Marciani and then Mr. Jim something

Music teacher - Mr. Runion (not only rhymed with onion, but smelled like them too) and then Mrs. Cecilia