Menu

Anybody have American Girl "Julie"?

My 2 DDs probably have 16 or so AG dolls between them. DD9 has Julie, plus about 7 other dolls. Julie is her absolute favorite! Her hair is great and she is super cute. I would have some minor reservations about a few of the other dolls, but not Julie. I would buy her without hesitation.

Dd12 bought Julie in January. I'm not sure what you are asking. As far as the physical doll goes, dd doesn't play with her a bunch so I don't know how the long hair will hold up to a ton of play. Though, come to think of it, she has brushed her hair a lot and it still looks really nice. As far as the books go, I didn't read this set. The vibes I got just from talking to dd was Julie's a bit of an activist (my words, not hers) and I think her parents are divorced or get divorced. The thing that really stuck out to dd was they had a station wagon :lol: I guess that was cool because I had a pillow station wagon in my house for a bit. ;)

Having super long hair has been a tiny bit of a drawback with that doll for us. Her hair gets tangle and matted very easily. Make sure to get the hair brush that is meant for AG dolls and wet the hair before brushing. We took Julie to the AG hair salon at the store in Atlanta because she was having hair issues. :) But we love her!

Julie is just weird to me because she could be ME!!!! I was 10 in 1977. I have straight blond hair. My bicycle looks just like hers with the flower basket!! It is just strange to have a historical doll that could be me!!!

I know! I wasn't born until 1978, but that bike looks so familiar to me.

OP, I've heard both sides with Julie's hair. DD has McKenna and her hair is beautiful though, so I'd probably get Julie. It's much easier to care for than Rebecca or Marie-Grace!

My daughter has played with Julie's hair a lot for 2 years. We've had no problems. Just make sure you have the AG brush or a wire wig brush from a beauty supply store!

I was pretty disappointed when dd chose Julie for her second "historical" doll ;). I'm glad she did, though. Julie is a beautiful doll.

Julie is just weird to me because she could be ME!!!! I was 10 in 1977. I have straight blond hair. My bicycle looks just like hers with the flower basket!! It is just strange to have a historical doll that could be me!!!

:iagree:

When I saw Julie's accessories for the first time, I almost hyperventilated.

Those. Were. My. TOYS!!!

I AM NOT HISTORICAL!!!!!!

:D