Menu

I got a new job. :)

How is THIS for irony:

I am going to be a Facilitator providing assessment, intervention, and group treatment for domestic abuse offenders.

For those familiar with the roles, I'll be a BIPP provider with the premier and original firm in Houston.

It'll be a good professional challenge. I'm totally comfortable with the substance abuse crowd, and ready to learn something new. The offender treatment perspective on DV will stretch me. Since it's very psychoeducational (less "process and naval gazing"), my group and teaching skills got me the job.

The firm is growing into new areas, also. Like parenting. ;)

I think I will like working downtown.

How is THIS for irony:

I am going to be a Facilitator providing assessment, intervention, and group treatment for domestic abuse offenders.

For those familiar with the roles, I'll be a BIPP provider with the premier and original firm in Houston.

It'll be a good professional challenge. I'm totally comfortable with the substance abuse crowd, and ready to learn something new. The offender treatment perspective on DV will stretch me. Since it's very psychoeducational (less "process and naval gazing"), my group and teaching skills got me the job.

Congratulations! Sounds interesting. I hope you can find a parking place. :tongue_smilie:

happy I am that you got this job. I hope it pays better too.You made my day!

Pamela

It does. I actually got a raise at my main job. The new job pays $2500 MORE a year over the raise. And all of my medical, which puts more money in my checking account.

How is THIS for irony:

Is this that good one you mentioned before? It sounds wonderful. Is it wonderful? Are you happy, relieved, or just meh about it? (Hard to tell from posts sometimes, you know?) Is it a step in the direction of relieving you of having to have so many jobs? Will it be fulfilling professionally and financially?

Am I asking too many questions? :lol: Sorry, just excited for you. :grouphug:

Is this that good one you mentioned before? It sounds wonderful. Is it wonderful? Are you happy, relieved, or just meh about it? (Hard to tell from posts sometimes, you know?) Is it a step in the direction of relieving you of having to have so many jobs? Will it be fulfilling professionally and financially?

Am I asking too many questions? :lol: Sorry, just excited for you. :grouphug:

Yes, it is one we talked about before.

I am thrilled:

Downtown, with paid parking! Yay! I think it would be awesome to work downtown. As long as I have been in Houston, I've not spend much time there.

Yes, it is a step in the right direction. One of the jobs I have, I will need to keep this year while I have 3 students. Next year, maybe with money a little different and cost different? Maybe I can make some changes. I like that job and setting, though, so it's not a burden other than hours, you know?

It will be fulfilling professionally. I was worried there would be no place to go, but my conversation with her this afternoon indicated otherwise. The agency is growing into areas I originally wanted to be a counselor FOR! :D

(And, if not, I can finish my internship hours and move on. It's a different world than it used to be in terms of job tenure.)

In the meantime, I click with the boss. She did share my supervisor is leaving at the end of the year. It's unlikely I will be ready for THAT, but shows movement, you know? The fact that he's not outta there now shows that people *stay*. Many of the staff and clinicians have been there years - rare in this business.

I have to go run group. :) 30 substance abuse clients await me. LOL.

Yes, it is one we talked about before.

I am thrilled:

Downtown, with paid parking! Yay! I think it would be awesome to work downtown. As long as I have been in Houston, I've not spend much time there.

Yes, it is a step in the right direction. One of the jobs I have, I will need to keep this year while I have 3 students. Next year, maybe with money a little different and cost different? Maybe I can make some changes. I like that job and setting, though, so it's not a burden other than hours, you know?

It will be fulfilling professionally. I was worried there would be no place to go, but my conversation with her this afternoon indicated otherwise. The agency is growing into areas I originally wanted to be a counselor FOR! :D

(And, if not, I can finish my internship hours and move on. It's a different world than it used to be in terms of job tenure.)

In the meantime, I click with the boss. She did share my supervisor is leaving at the end of the year. It's unlikely I will be ready for THAT, but shows movement, you know? The fact that he's not outta there now shows that people *stay*. Many of the staff and clinicians have been there years - rare in this business.

I have to go run group. :) 30 substance abuse clients await me. LOL.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

:party:

You go get 'em, girl! :D:D:D

It does. I actually got a raise at my main job. The new job pays $2500 MORE a year over the raise. And all of my medical, which puts more money in my checking account.

That's great! Congratulations! I always thought it kind of fun to work downtown..

This is very good news. My sister works downtown. :) In my head you two will pass each other on your way to lunch. ;)