Menu

WWE-WWS question....late start

Mommyfaithe

My ds fits perfectly into WWE level 1. It challenges him, but doesn't overwhelm him....only problem is, he is already in 3rd grade. My other ds fits perfectly into WWE3....but he is in 5th grade. How woefully behind will they be if we follow through with. All of the books? Are there sections or weeks we can skip?

How do I handle their placement?

Faithe

I would consider having them do two days of lessons in one day in order to move through faster. It's very easy to do and, imo, doesn't lose any of the effectiveness of the lessons. Just slow down if, or when, you see they need more time to assimilate the information.

Be aware that a number of WWS1 users skipped WWE4, and that WWS1 is better used by most kids in 6th grade (at least from what I can tell). So seems to me that you are right on schedule.

I should also add, that you need to meet your children where they are. The goal is a good writer by 12th grade, not where they are placed in 3rd and 5th.

Ruth

Edited by lewelma