Menu

Ordering television from amazon.com?

I am thinking about buying a television from amazon.com.

I order so much from them and have never had an issue but am slightly worried about ordering something as large as a television.

Has anyone ordered one before? What do you do if you get it and need to return it because it doesn't work or is damaged?

Typically electronics come in their own, styrofoam fitted boxes and large ones tend to be delivered by UPS. Amazon is really good about handling damaged or defective items. Also, flat screen tvs are really lightweight and not extremely bulky so I think the potential for damage is not so high.

I'd buy anything from Amazon. Their customer service and policies have proven to be that good. I've had minor issues with some things, but it was always taken care of. And those issues always involved their sellers, not direct from them. They still took care of it.

I haven't bought a TV, but my dad bought us a blue ray player and a lap top and had it sent here without issue.

Me, too. And I do. Everything from food to the pc I'm using right now. I've had exactly 3 issues in... 10 years? All were minor, could happen anywhere sort of things (box not delivered, one of two jars of almond butter open on receipt, Roku player going on sale the day after we ordered it), and were taken care of immediately (re-shipped, replaced, credited, respectively) when we contacted them.

I have never ordered a TV from Amazon, but I have ordered a TV from Newegg. I liked that Newegg has(had?) a return policy where you could get it replaced if there was an excessive number of dead pixels. Turns out, that "Excessive" number was 5. We only have one dead pixel, and we are so happy with our purchase. I would think with Amazon, having such a history of customer service, you would be fine to order.

I bought a flat screen from them last Christmas. Great service! Our UPS driver kept it on his truck until we were home and even carried in the house for me.

I've never had a driver willing to cross the threshhold and enter my house or apartment, but they generally will help angle it in so it can be scooted in. One explained to my mom that he wasn't allowed to. I was under the impression this is because some people either try to seduce them or accuse them of misdeeds. For what it's worth, I have never had designs on a UPS driver.

I've never had a driver willing to cross the threshhold and enter my house or apartment, but they generally will help angle it in so it can be scooted in. One explained to my mom that he wasn't allowed to. I was under the impression this is because some people either try to seduce them or accuse them of misdeeds. For what it's worth, I have never had designs on a UPS driver.

:D