Menu

Girl name help?

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Joleeeeeeeene.....

Darn it. Now it's in my head, too. :tongue_smilie:

Harper Jo is great, though.

:D You're in good company. My son likes the White Stripes cover, which is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Every time that song hits his rotation I have to put on my Dolly Parton version to find my happy place again. Dueling iPods LOL.

We don't mind a fairly popular name, but we don't want one of the super popular choices. All our other three were between 17 and 50 ish on the popularity charts the years they were born (at least on one website).

I have added more to the OP (mostly middle names).

That's why I like Harper. Sure a few celebs have picked up on it but I think it's still a bit out there for most people ... kind of like the name Piper. A sweet name and the kind that people *want* to use but not everyone (or their spouse) is comfortable enough to go with. And not unique enough for the Out There Crowd to latch onto. I love that because it's common enough to be familiar but distinct enough to still stand out.

My daughter's name was around 26,912,683 on The List until the year she turned two, at which point a mega-celeb with a history of inspiring name trends also used it. I was so annoyed LOL. It's gained some popularity but not as much as I feared it would. It's gone from being in the 700s before to the 400s now. I sense Harper will fall in this category, too.

My dear friend has a Savannah who goes by 'Savvy'!

My neighbor's daughters are Charlotte (goes by Char, pronounced 'Shar') and Savannah (goes by Vanna). I rather like "Savvy" LOL like ... you live up to your expectations kind of name :D

From your list my favourites are Leah and Autumn for first names, Jewel and Jessica for middles. Having said that, I don't dislike any of your names, so I don't think you can go wrong really.

Leah Jewel

Autumn Jessica

Suggestions:

Verity, Pearl, Celeste, Annaliese, Vanessa, Sabine, Odette - and I'm loving PP's suggestion of Colette, there's also Cosette ;) Annika... tell me to stop please! :D

eta - just saw your update, Charlotte is lovely. I think your original Charlotte JoAnne is my favourite. If you/DW don't like Charli as a nn, you can always try for Lotti/Lotta.

My friend's dd is Liberty and I really love it. Her nickname is Lib. From your list, I also like Leah and Harper. Harper doesn't jive as well with your other names, but that's not something that I generally care about. It's not like siblings spend their lives with their names all lined up. I don't really care for any of your J options, but I do LOVE Jane. Liberty Jane, I like that.

LOL! Before I even got to the end of your post I decided on Charlotte Joanne as my favorite combination... and then I saw your current pick!

I love Charlotte Joanne. I have thought of them both for my own kids (but haven't used them). I do like the spelling of "Joanne" better than JoAnne. The capital A bugs me, hehe. I think Joanne looks prettier in writing.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!