Menu

Who's Going to Tackle Wednesday with Me?

I'm clean, dressed, fed and ready to go.

Time for chores. Today's motivational music as chosen by dd10 is the Maroon 5 station on Pandora. First up - Adele.

The kids have just taken Libby's crate to dd's room. Hopefully I can, over a year after Libby's accident, have our living room back.

OK - enough of me sitting here. Off to clean the kitchen! :auto:

Kitchen 1/2 done. But now it is time for school so that is put aside.

Dd is mad because she has science reading today instead of history.

Ds15 has announced that he either didn't save or lost his paper he's been working on. :banghead: Today looks like a joyous day. . .

See ya - if I survive. Please tell me about your much better days.

Spent the morning preparing for the nor easter. We called a day off and stacked wood, moved the snow blower to the front of the garage and put the lawn mower in the back of the garage. Heat went out monday night so we are heating with the fireplace. Finally found the part in New York and it will be here Thursday. It is a long day today.

So this afternoon I am tackling the house. After the storm, we stayed near the fireplace and the room has gone to poo. Everyone's stuff is out everywhere. Also, need to figure out where I put the bread mix I bought.

See ya - if I survive. Please tell me about your much better days.

You'll survive!

I'm that person who still forgets to save. I'm so grateful for whomever was the angel at Microsoft Word that invented the auto save feature! Now when I forget to charge my battery (I do that often, too) and the computer powers itself down and I've also forgotten to save my word document ... it's still there somewhere in some form (if not my latest changes)! I feel for you, though, Jean; I know how frustrating it is for people on the other side of dealing with it LOL.

Apparently I forget to recharge my personal battery, too ;) and before I shut down I've given myself today off. It's been a stressful month and I really need a day off to recharge, both physically and mentally. The kids are off with friends and I'm not worrying about everything that is needing to be done. I'll tackle it tomorrow with renewed vigor!

I wasn't going to. I had a biopsy yesterday and they give me Versed which makes me forget the whole day BUT I have a vague memory of awakening mid procedure, tube down my throat, fighting with them. And today, sure enough, I have such a horrible sore throat (which I've never had with other biopsies) along with the Versed headache I usually get.

So I was going to skip today, other than my gig as my daughters' chauffeur. Sit on my bed. Eat something cold. Dd 12 did ds 6's math with him this morning without my asking her.

But y'know what? I saw this thread and thought, "I can do it. I can do a couple of things."

I have some junk on the floor of my bedroom remaining from de-cluttering our garage, I think I'll work on that a bit before :driving:, and a load or two of laundry won't kill me. And I'll even do science with ds6 :Angel_anim:

Kim, you inspire me and suddenly my piddly problems are put into perspective.

Ds has been dosed with caffeinated tea. I'm wondering if his dopiness isn't partly due to the same sort of food allergy that makes me tired and dopey. I think we'll do some experimenting. He is now doing an assignment. I may need to keep him closer to me today because I found out that he has done no math this week yet and no history/lit either because he hasn't been able to focus. I'm not mad at him. We're in problem solving mode.

I've started the dishwasher and am now going to do the small amount of handwashing that I need to do.

I've also dosed one of the dogs who seems to be having his own allergy problem.

So far I have gotten ready and made sure the kids were ready.

Fed kids breakfast.

Crated and fed the dogs.

Taught ladies class.

Whole family had lunch with the ladies class.

Boxed and Mailed packages at usps.

Took a phone call from my mom about her upcoming cataract surgery.

Kids are napping.

ToDo List:

Dishes

Laundry

Prep for kids class tonight

Lessons for today

Supper

I cleaned out and wiped down every shelf and drawer in the refrigerator and freezer. It's something I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks so I'm quite happy that I finally got it done! I also cleaned a bathroom and swept the house. I would still like to dust in the family room. I took a good look at the piano and felt embarrassed!

Finished 3 out of 4 subjects with ds16. His current work is all so complicated. I don't remember high school being so hard. Either my experience was ridiculously easy or I was much smarter back then. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the little kick in the pants today Jean :001_smile:. Did science with ds6, which actually qualifies me for some kind of hero badge, 2 loads of laundry, and some progress made on the junk-on-the-floor issue. Wouldn't have done any of this without this thread - thanks <3

Thanks for the little kick in the pants today Jean :001_smile:. Did science with ds6, which actually qualifies me for some kind of hero badge, 2 loads of laundry, and some progress made on the junk-on-the-floor issue. Wouldn't have done any of this without this thread - thanks <3

Woo hoo! You get a hero badge from me! 108.gif